Help with wall and furniture
ltcv28
Hello. I need help with what to put on this large, tall wall and what furniture to add. The fireplace sits at kind of an odd angle so placement of furniture could be arranged better if you have a good idea. I like the chairs by the fireplace because it seems to warm up the large open concept. Thanks so much!
ltcv28
.
0 Likes   February 2, 2013 at 10:56AM
Barbara Griffith Designs
Would like to see the other 2 directions of the area. The sofa seems too close to the fireplace, and the chairs are not good in that location. There is no space on the fireplace wall for chairs. Group the 2 chairs together with a table and lamp between somewhere else, but cannot suggest where without the 2 more pictures.
3 Likes   February 2, 2013 at 11:16AM
Engrav's Decorating
There are a few ideas for your big wall. What do you think?
1 Like   February 3, 2013 at 6:07AM
Dar Eckert
Hello! I agree that you need to move the sofa back a little then get a love seat to put on the right of the sofa like an L. Don't put it against the wall angle it 90 degrees from the sofa. Remove the small chair from that side of the fireplace and place in grouping with the other one on the window side of the fireplace. Get a large artwork or decorative screen for the large wall.
0 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 6:33AM
Interiors International, Inc.
I agree with Barbara Griffith Designs she is spot on and usually is. She has amazingly good taste. I love the looks of her work.
0 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 6:38AM
Barbara Griffith Designs
III..Thank you for your very kind words.
0 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 9:20AM
Interiors International, Inc.
@Barbara Griffith Designs I mean every word. I really respect the talent you display in you designs.
0 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 9:35AM
Creations Nadia Interior Design
Most of the time i like an idea to have TV over the Fire place: somehow here it doesn't agree with me. I would move TV to the adjacent wall placing it in a wall unit :)))
2 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 9:45AM
amgraham
why does the wall have so many switches?? i would move the tv onto a table against the wall
0 Likes   February 4, 2013 at 5:41AM
Interiors International, Inc.
Again, I still agree with Barbara Griffith Designs.
0 Likes   February 4, 2013 at 5:44AM
ltcv28
Hello again. I have updated pictures. Thanks for the tips. 2 of the outlets are for the fireplace and the others are for speakers. The tv has a border around with audio video cables behind it so it would be harder to change that, i think. The space is an odd layout so i appreciate any tips on space design, idea of what to put on large wall and what other furniture to add or curtains, etc. i just ordered some brown and cream beautiful pillows from zgallerie too. Thanks so much for your ideas.
0 Likes   February 22, 2013 at 4:57PM
ltcv28
These are the pillows. I got 3. One for chair and half. 2 for sofa. Will that work or do i need more? Thanks!
0 Likes   February 22, 2013 at 5:01PM
Better arrangement, but all your tables are out of reach. Can you move the little end table to the space between the chair-and-a-half and the window? Move the coffee table closer to the sofa. Take the two small chairs that used to be by the fireplace and place them to the left of the sofa with a table in between.

Then you need to address that big blank wall. First, I would paint all those switchplates the same color as the wall. Then place a console table with large art or a grouping of art above.

Finally, your new pillows are fine, but I think you could use a punch of color. A bright turquoise or red or perhaps a chartreuse in a pillow or a vase or art. Something to relieve the brown.

0 Likes   February 22, 2013 at 5:23PM
ltcv28
Thanks
0 Likes   February 23, 2013 at 7:11AM
ltcv28
What other chair would be good? The green ones are in dining room now. Best layout? I have accents if green through the home, i could add more green or a different color? I also thought about adding stone veneer behind fireplace?? What accents would be good next to fireplace? Thanks!
0 Likes   February 23, 2013 at 7:18AM
ltcv28
.
0 Likes   February 23, 2013 at 10:56AM
ltcv28
What do you think?
0 Likes   February 24, 2013 at 7:57AM
ltcv28
I appreciate any other help on layout or what furniture to add. Thank you
0 Likes   February 24, 2013 at 12:01PM
Barbara Griffith Designs
Hello again, a big improvement so far. I would add a fairly large patterned rug in the sofa area with several colors besides brown & beige..no more brown. The pillow you chose is great..but only use one..find additional pillows..all different..with COLOR. New longer drapery (95-96") hug as high as possible..don't pinch them together at the top as in picture...choose something in an off white. natural linen color or such. Replace tables..they are too whimpy. This is a large space and it needs more bulk, so look for end tables that are bulkier..maybe a small trunk..etc. same for coffee table area..maybe 2 cubes..dark red leather?? Rule..every seat needs a place to set a glass. Maybe the sofa could be pulled a little more to the right to allow a pair chairs not the old ones and not the one there now..one into the current chair corner and one in front of the window closer to the fireplace to allow for conversation. They should be separated by a table with a lamp.The room should be not just for TV watching. I will address THE WALL next.
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 9:49AM
Barbara Griffith Designs
THE WALL needs to equal the scale of the fireplace/TV. Look at this piece for the wall http://www.homedecorators.com/P/Bufford_Cabinet/910/ Above it hang this mirror http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Harmony-Distressed-Black-Windowpane-Mirror/5400917/product.html On each side of mirror stack 2 pieces of art (4 pieces total) of something you like. On the console, if no children, maybe a large tray with bottles of alcohol..glasses..ice bucket...etc. to be used as a bar. Or not. A tall green plant in the room as well.
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 10:10AM
JUL313 Gallery
A large piece of art would really pop out the room. I have recently completed a few pieces and also work on commisssion. Please contact me at julie@jul313.com and visit my web page as well www.jul313.com
0 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 10:48AM
Need some help on colors, furniture, furniture placement and wall art
Hello! I need some help on my living room. I'm trying...
jodifina
Huge Space- Den- Leftover Furniture- Bare Walls & Floors- HELP!
About a year ago I made the move to live with my better...
Ashley
need help with wall color that will go well with red and black furniture
this room has had white walls for too long. Its an...
monpierre
Help! Master Bedroom Decor - Blue Walls, Dark Furniture
Here's what I'm working with.. This room has been the...
ashleigh1987
Need help with furniture/decorating ideas? Huge wall.....
Boyfriend is selling his house... this is what it currently...
kkruzer
Need a second granite choice to go with Volga Blue
I am using Volga Blue in the kitchen and want to go...
wisdomseekingsue
My livingroom needs help! Bay windows opposite fireplace challence...
We bought a house with a big livingroom where we would...
krickelina
Updating bathroom tile
I have a typical 50's style bathroom with tile on the...
endresultlaura
style suggestions for 2 counter stools requested
i still need to buy 2 counter stools for my newly renovated...
nnigrt
Small dining room
Hi all I just need suggestion for my dining room ....
banshaker18