What colour should I paint my walls in my open kitchen/living room concept?
jewel1229
Hello, what colour should I paint on my walls in my open concept living room/kitchen? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.
Keerthi Naidu
Able to find a color that works?
0 Likes   May 16, 2013 at 8:02PM
zzippy
I went with a neutral beige-Athena from Benjamin Moore!
1 Like   May 16, 2013 at 8:13PM
Ed
Hi zzippy, congrats on your remodel. Any "After" photos ?
0 Likes   May 17, 2013 at 3:03AM
Raj Sanchania
can you please suggest me the interior for small space narrow living room please?
0 Likes   May 17, 2013 at 3:36AM
Linda Stewart_Ryder
I would like to offer a tip for you. When I want to get inspiration, I go to the décor section of the fabric store. I find a fabric with colors I like. You will likely find one you love and it will help you with the feel, texture and colors complimenting each other for your open room. Purchase a bit of the fabric to take with you...place over your chairs, sofa, hang on the wall and stand back. Using a swatch of the fabric will help you discover what color or colors you want. Once you've decided the "family" of color...take the swatch to the paint store...samples will help you pick just the right color (s) for your update. Have fun with it...paint is an inexpensive but dynamic fix to brighten your living space.
1 Like   June 11, 2014 at 6:07AM
potchiemagoodleberry
I would start by selecting an accent color that you LOVE for the LR and add it to your space with some toss pillows, some wall art, perhaps an area rug, maybe even paint an aged finish of this accent color on the bookshelf, and add a few well placed, not-too-small accessories in this color family...since this space is open to your kitchen, i'd then use a softer variation of your accent color on the kitchen walls....for example.....in my home, which is mostly open concept , i have painted my LR, DR and hallway area in a medium range shade of taupe/gray (ben. moore's cape hatteras sand) and the accent color that i used is a rich, muted/grayed shade of blue with some green in the base...so I painted my kitchen in a soft shade of gray with a great blue/green undertone in it (ben. moore's quiet moments) and it flows beautifully!
0 Likes   June 11, 2014 at 6:59AM
Tereza Sanchez
need help!!!! I wantto paint but I'm not sure wat color. white is just so boring!
0 Likes   June 12, 2014 at 11:48AM
potchiemagoodleberry
ok...look for an area rug with some pattern in it, that will work with your chocolate sofas. make sure it's large enough....the front feet of all seats should be on the rug. then try a soft but warm shade of neutral (beige or taupe) on the walls, and the accent color that you find in the rug (blue? you already have blue curtains) added into the space with pillows, curtains, in some large scaled wall art, accessories and use it, or a lighter version of it on the walls exclusive to the kitchen. this will tie it all together, instantly. be sure to also add some table and floor lamps to warm up your space at night....exclusively using overhead lighting is not flattering and makes a space feel cold. I'd also look for a much larger tv stand (consider a long low oriented piece...not necessarily intended for a tv...like a buffet, or a chest of drawers, which will also offer great storage!) and consider placing it along the long wall and playing with the furniture placement. this will really cozy up the space....an ottoman is great for a coffee table when you have little ones. try framing your favorite photos identically, reprint all photos in the same larger size, in black and white, and hang in a geometric arrangement on one wall....a great personal touch and inexpensive wall art! if using blue as the accent/wall color in the kitchen....be sure to select a very grayed, muted blue....to prevent a baby blue or overpowering blue. look at ben. moore beach glass...which has a slight green undertone in it.
0 Likes   June 15, 2014 at 5:22AM
Need help for my open-concept Kitchen/living room paint colours!
Professionals, help me please! I have a large, open-concept...
lorriewadsworth
Need help picking a paint colour for my open concept kitchen/living room
The current colour on my wall is Benjamin Moore Lenox...
jewel1229
Hello, I have an open concept living room/kitchen and...
jewel1229
Open concept kitchen/living room paint colour
My fiancé and I recently moved into a new home and...
Lindsay Anne
Slipcover for Eames fiberglass chair
I am looking for a talented upholsterer or seamstress...
wanjess
Need help with my kitchen
I will have Cherry Shaker cabinets, African Ivory granite,...
pattyginger
Need help blowing up photos.
Hello Friends. Does anyone have good recommendations...
massimigliano
New home is bare!
Just moved into a big home and need advice/tips for...
heatherjayy
how to coordinate light fixtures???
We are still in the process of building our home. I...
barbncon