Backsplash
robbonao
Need help picking out a backsplash to go with granite black marble
Toni Sabatino
I would use a crackled subway tile the color of the wall as the granite already creates contrast and the cabinetry is traditional.
4 Likes   February 2, 2013 at 4:44PM
Jayme H.
I would go with something with not a lot of swirling and/or multiple colors. I feel that gets way too busy looking.
0 Likes   February 2, 2013 at 4:48PM
Terri
We purchased black galaxy granite for our kitchen two years ago. Our cabinets are birch wood stained a chestnut color. We chose a glass/travertine tile mosaic that had all the colors of our kitchen combined. We had considered breaking up the mosaic look with some larger (4x4 solid color stone tile) but in the end stayed with the full mosaic backsplash. It is very dramatic. Under cabinet lighting is always helpful but it worked especially great with our black granite combined with the glass tile. It shines down onto the backsplash bringing out all the coppery tones and makes the black granite incredibly reflective. Have fun with your project!
1 Like   February 2, 2013 at 4:59PM
Creations Nadia Interior Design
Valance???? will it stay?
3 Likes   February 2, 2013 at 5:03PM
Construction Finishes LLC
My first question/suggestion would be is that the cord that goes to the stove, open the drywall of the backsplash to add an outlet behind the stove. Then tile the wall.
1 Like   February 2, 2013 at 5:14PM
Echo Mistwalker
I'd use the same stone as your counter top in 12" x 12" tiles installed on the diagonal. To me having a backsplash radically different from the counter top is like visable panty lines...something I prefer not to see.
2 Likes   February 2, 2013 at 5:18PM
bumbles12
If you want a splash back the same colour as the walls why not get a glass splash back? They paint the glass on the back the same colour as the walls and the glass is soo easy to keep clean. This way you aren't adding too many colours.
0 Likes   February 2, 2013 at 5:20PM
toothfairy53
We just had black granite installed and went with a beadboard (painted cream to match cabinets) backsplash. Installed mosaic tile behind stove area. (tan hues). LOVE IT!
0 Likes   February 2, 2013 at 5:42PM
Creations Nadia Interior Design
i think that will look good:))
1 Like   February 2, 2013 at 5:54PM
Lisa Torres
Love Nadia Interior Design suggestion for backsplash. Excellent suggestion. Nadia please help me with my Living Room dilemma.
0 Likes   February 2, 2013 at 5:59PM
suzie1319
Do you even need a backslash? Check out Scavolini designs - no backslashes and a clean minimalist look,
0 Likes   February 2, 2013 at 6:12PM
flgrandma
Dark colors throughout. Perhaps you could do a backsplash in something light and bright.
0 Likes   February 2, 2013 at 6:13PM
Fiorano Tile Showrooms
I do feel you need a backsplash. Tile is a great choice for hygiene and easy maintenance. Something somewhat simple in color but yet something that meets the sophistication level of your kitchen. Your cabinets are very rich and you need to be careful not to put sneakers with a tuxedo (so to speak). I am concerned about the suggestions to use the same granite; that would be heavy looking. I am also concerned about using a busy mosaic, that could make the kitchen feel cluttered. My suggestion is in the same realm as Nadia Design posted, in the sense it is monochromatic. Painted bead board is an interesting suggestion, but I feel that may be too casual. If you want direct assistance, let me know, since I have other ideas on the tile LAYOUT. (We do ship throughout the USA) ~ John Tudisco VP Sales & Marketing. Fiorano Tile Showrooms. john@fioranotile.com ( NOTE: I posted an image of the colored crushed glass, in the case you like the idea, but feel compelled to add some color, but I suggest keeping it to one color)
0 Likes   February 2, 2013 at 6:30PM
Fiorano Tile Showrooms
In the spirit of Toni Sabatino's suggesstion, I am posting a color board of CRACKLED TILES. They come in subway tile format. The image I previously posted is a subway tile installed vertically and stacked, so it does not 'read' as a subway tile. You can take my image and visualize it horizontally, bricked with the same tone crushed glass shown. ( John Tudisco john@fioranotile.com Fiorano Tile Showrooms)
1 Like   February 2, 2013 at 6:44PM
Fiorano Tile Showrooms
crackled tile that comes in SUBWAY sizes (2x4, 3x6, 3x8, 4x8)
1 Like   February 2, 2013 at 6:46PM
Fiorano Tile Showrooms
What color is your FLOOR?
1 Like   February 2, 2013 at 6:48PM
Eagledzines
I would paint the window trim and sash the same as the wall color and then install a sill the same as the granite. The white looks out of place. It's a small kitchen (what we see anyway) and it doesn't take much for it to look smaller by adding a lot of different elements. I too think it would look good to take the counter granite all the way up to the bottom of the cabinets. But also feel that the small stainless subway would look good as it would tie in all the stainless elements.
What will you be doing for knobs?
0 Likes   February 2, 2013 at 6:51PM
thauptman
How about my backsplash? Same color cabinets.
0 Likes   February 2, 2013 at 7:07PM
Toni Sabatino
Hi all, here is another idea that blends classic crackled subway with up to date linear tiles. These were chosen for a client updating a kitchen in Connecticut.
1 Like   February 4, 2013 at 4:59PM
bumbles12
I think it is best to keep the splash back as plain as possible.
1 Like   February 4, 2013 at 5:03PM
robin1981
Our countertop is like this, I used Shiny Black subway Tile, I loved it .
0 Likes   February 4, 2013 at 5:13PM
robbonao
This is the color of the floor galaxy. Black
0 Likes   February 5, 2013 at 8:30AM
Central pendants dilemma
Here's a very good example of our interior design approach...
VANGUARD development
What style is this home?
Just purchased this home, needs updating .Possible...
Renee Robinson
Should we remove the stone?
We are remodeling our rental property and not sure...
ouraustinhome
Dark Bedroom that faces the North with no Light.
It looks bright and i have not done any redecorating...
jmk578
Need help with colors for my bedroom.
I'm re-doing the paint in my room soon and need color...
madihotchkiss