Backsplash
robbonao
Need help picking out a backsplash to go with granite black marble
Toni Sabatino
I would use a crackled subway tile the color of the wall as the granite already creates contrast and the cabinetry is traditional.
February 2, 2013 at 4:44pm     
Jayme H.
I would go with something with not a lot of swirling and/or multiple colors. I feel that gets way too busy looking.
February 2, 2013 at 4:48pm   
Terri
We purchased black galaxy granite for our kitchen two years ago. Our cabinets are birch wood stained a chestnut color. We chose a glass/travertine tile mosaic that had all the colors of our kitchen combined. We had considered breaking up the mosaic look with some larger (4x4 solid color stone tile) but in the end stayed with the full mosaic backsplash. It is very dramatic. Under cabinet lighting is always helpful but it worked especially great with our black granite combined with the glass tile. It shines down onto the backsplash bringing out all the coppery tones and makes the black granite incredibly reflective. Have fun with your project!
February 2, 2013 at 4:59pm     
Creations Nadia Interior Design
Valance???? will it stay?
February 2, 2013 at 5:03pm     
Construction Finishes LLC
My first question/suggestion would be is that the cord that goes to the stove, open the drywall of the backsplash to add an outlet behind the stove. Then tile the wall.
February 2, 2013 at 5:14pm     
Echo Mistwalker
I'd use the same stone as your counter top in 12" x 12" tiles installed on the diagonal. To me having a backsplash radically different from the counter top is like visable panty lines...something I prefer not to see.
February 2, 2013 at 5:18pm     
bumbles12
If you want a splash back the same colour as the walls why not get a glass splash back? They paint the glass on the back the same colour as the walls and the glass is soo easy to keep clean. This way you aren't adding too many colours.
February 2, 2013 at 5:20pm   
toothfairy53
We just had black granite installed and went with a beadboard (painted cream to match cabinets) backsplash. Installed mosaic tile behind stove area. (tan hues). LOVE IT!
February 2, 2013 at 5:42pm   
Creations Nadia Interior Design
i think that will look good:))
February 2, 2013 at 5:54pm     
Lisa Torres
Love Nadia Interior Design suggestion for backsplash. Excellent suggestion. Nadia please help me with my Living Room dilemma.
February 2, 2013 at 5:59pm   
suzie1319
Do you even need a backslash? Check out Scavolini designs - no backslashes and a clean minimalist look,
February 2, 2013 at 6:12pm   
flgrandma
Dark colors throughout. Perhaps you could do a backsplash in something light and bright.
February 2, 2013 at 6:13pm   
Fiorano Tile Showrooms
I do feel you need a backsplash. Tile is a great choice for hygiene and easy maintenance. Something somewhat simple in color but yet something that meets the sophistication level of your kitchen. Your cabinets are very rich and you need to be careful not to put sneakers with a tuxedo (so to speak). I am concerned about the suggestions to use the same granite; that would be heavy looking. I am also concerned about using a busy mosaic, that could make the kitchen feel cluttered. My suggestion is in the same realm as Nadia Design posted, in the sense it is monochromatic. Painted bead board is an interesting suggestion, but I feel that may be too casual. If you want direct assistance, let me know, since I have other ideas on the tile LAYOUT. (We do ship throughout the USA) ~ John Tudisco VP Sales & Marketing. Fiorano Tile Showrooms. john@fioranotile.com ( NOTE: I posted an image of the colored crushed glass, in the case you like the idea, but feel compelled to add some color, but I suggest keeping it to one color)
February 2, 2013 at 6:30pm   
Fiorano Tile Showrooms
In the spirit of Toni Sabatino's suggesstion, I am posting a color board of CRACKLED TILES. They come in subway tile format. The image I previously posted is a subway tile installed vertically and stacked, so it does not 'read' as a subway tile. You can take my image and visualize it horizontally, bricked with the same tone crushed glass shown. ( John Tudisco john@fioranotile.com Fiorano Tile Showrooms)
February 2, 2013 at 6:44pm     
Fiorano Tile Showrooms
crackled tile that comes in SUBWAY sizes (2x4, 3x6, 3x8, 4x8)
February 2, 2013 at 6:46pm     
Fiorano Tile Showrooms
What color is your FLOOR?
February 2, 2013 at 6:48pm     
Eagledzines
I would paint the window trim and sash the same as the wall color and then install a sill the same as the granite. The white looks out of place. It's a small kitchen (what we see anyway) and it doesn't take much for it to look smaller by adding a lot of different elements. I too think it would look good to take the counter granite all the way up to the bottom of the cabinets. But also feel that the small stainless subway would look good as it would tie in all the stainless elements.
What will you be doing for knobs?
February 2, 2013 at 6:51pm   
thauptman
How about my backsplash? Same color cabinets.
February 2, 2013 at 7:07pm   
Toni Sabatino
Hi all, here is another idea that blends classic crackled subway with up to date linear tiles. These were chosen for a client updating a kitchen in Connecticut.
February 4, 2013 at 4:59pm     
bumbles12
I think it is best to keep the splash back as plain as possible.
February 4, 2013 at 5:03pm     
robin1981
Our countertop is like this, I used Shiny Black subway Tile, I loved it .
February 4, 2013 at 5:13pm   
robbonao
This is the color of the floor galaxy. Black
February 5, 2013 at 8:30am   
Ideas for dated kitchen in old cape cod
Hi everyone, Awesome site first of all. My fiancé...
Need help choosing living room furniture color
My husband and I are closing on a house in the next...
What colour scheme for bathroom vanity
Small bathroom with dark tiles on floor and light beige...
I need help with a kitchen dilemma
I have existing Baltic brown worktops and have added...
soapstone countertop
They look great with soapstone sink but I'm getting...