Need help with arranging guest bedroom due to knee walls.
Terri Rose
I have a bed on the only large wall, and the opposite wall has a window seat with knee walls on both sides. Need help with how to arrange TV, lounge chair and desk. This is a guest room only, so no real furniture is needed. I haven't hung any pictures yet so I can rearrange anything. Thank you!!!!
Terri Rose
Here's the other wall. The cable outlet is on this knee wall, but if I put the tv here, where does the lounge chair go? Is it ok if the lounge chair is on the opposite wall as the tv??
0 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 4:09AM
olldcan
Hi there, nice room. Any guest would be delighted to stay in a space like this.... don't make them too comfortable or they might not leave :) I think I'd purchase a swivel arm for the tv and mount it on the left, side wall of the alcove. When in use, it could be directly in front of the bed for best viewing and when it's not, it can be flat against the wall and blend in seamlessly with the dark grey. As for the desk, I'd place it in the peeked roof area and remove the small accent table. Perhaps the accent table could be used as a nightstand.
0 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 4:13AM
olldcan
I think i'd get a sore neck if it were on that wall. If that's the desk, move the desk and that chair into the peeked area, see how it looks there.
0 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 4:17AM
Terri Rose
Thank you...and great idea!! Would you put anything under the wall mounted tv...like a furniture piece, or just treat it like a picture? And Is it ok that the lounge chair is not in front of the tv? Unfortunately it's not a swivel, so for tv viewing the back of the chair would be the first thing you'd see when you came in the room. Right now the chair is on the opposite wall. See photos.
0 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 4:26AM
olldcan
Just to clarify, I was suggesting the left side wall where the built in butts up to. On the opposite wall that that you have the beautiful grey lamp, with the green candle. But the wall your referring to, short one, will work good too on a wall mount swivel. I treat it like a picture if it's getting swivel mounted. I think when guests will use it they'll be tucked into that comfy bed, not sitting in the chair. Just thinking, the wall that has the glass desk with green chair might be a great spot for a collapsable luggage stand for guests to place there suitcase, being just outside the bathroom door would be very handy. I like the chair in the corner, seems to have found it's home there. How big is the en-suite, is there enough room for a chair in there? perhaps make a make up table out of the accent table in the peeked roof area and use the green chair with it???? just a suggestion, would it, could it fit? Is there a closet?
0 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 6:02AM
olldcan
Sorry, I forgot to add the reason I wouldn't use a piece of furniture under a wall mount swivel, is that there is no point then. If your using a furniture piece underneath, you may as well set the TV on that and forget the swivel mount. I'd be cautious to not overdo this room with pieces it doesn't need. Trust me, sometimes you are actually done, you've hit a home run here and it's okay to stop.
0 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 6:10AM
Terri Rose
Thank you so much for your suggestions! I'll be working hard tomorrow rearranging according to your suggestions. I measured the left side wall of the bench area, and it does have room for a swivel mount and a good size tv. I'm leaning toward that location.

To answer your questions....the private bathroom is large, but unfortunately it's more narrow than wide, so a chair wouldn't fit. And, yes, there is a BIG walk-in closet that also serves as a changing room. This is where I have the luggage rack...and extra linens, pillows and hangers.

The built-in bench also has functional drawers and storage so I think you're right...I'm actually gonna stop on this room after I rearrange and install the tv. Thank you!!! I'll post the final layout tomorrow for your approval. :)
0 Likes   February 3, 2013 at 8:06PM
olldcan
My pleasure, glad I could help. Can't wait to see the updated pics :)
0 Likes   February 4, 2013 at 1:58PM
need help making a picture arrangement on my bedroom wall
I have 7 frames. Two are 30x30 shadow boxes with three...
sphill13
need help with arrange my guest room
Hello, I post some pictures and ask for ideas to arrange...
stvu
lexistreet
Need help with tub surround in knee wall
Here is a photo if it will help entire bathroom will...
anezuk
Advice on indoor plants for small space
I see a lot of beautiful bedroom and living room photos...
kafkajk
Bathroom knobs
You were so helpful with my kitchen knobs, I thought...
mytime001
What do I do with this living room??
This living room is long and I need ideas what to do...
element8399
Seating Suggestions Needed in Living Room
Need ideas for seating options to across from the sofa...
Peter
What to do with granite cutouts?
We just had granite countertops installed and asked...
Caroline Gephart