Beautiful work
michaelduncan
February 3, 2013 in Photo Questions
Can you tell me where to get the awnings?
Thank you!
Mohler + Ghillino Architects
Michael,

Thanks for your question. The awnings are manufactured by Warema in Germany. I got them through a rep on Vancouver Island in Canada. They were able to save me a lot on freight by including them on a container with an order of German windows but I had to pick them up in Canada myself (which was combined with a nice late summer camping trip). Unfortunately, I can't remember the reps name but it may be out of date anyway. I've put a link to the Warema awning page below. You can find a lot of awnings domestically but it's hard to find ones that are simple and clean in appearance.

Hope that helps.

Rick
http://www.warema.com/en/Products/Awnings/Cassette_awnings/index.htm
February 3, 2013 at 8:45AM   
michaelduncan
Wonderful! Thank you so much.
February 3, 2013 at 10:30AM   
Sue So
Lovely!! How have the awnings held up in the weather? Has it interfered with the clerestory window views?
March 4, 2013 at 12:42PM   
Mohler + Ghillino Architects
Sue - They've held up really well. They don't effect the views or light as they are out during our 3-4 months of sunny summer and then retracted for the remaining 8-9 months of overcast weather. Before they are put away at the end of summer they get scrubed down with a push broom, hose and soap and left to dry - pretty easy.

One needs to be careful that they are not left out in very windy weather (say over 20 MPH). We don't have those kinds of winds in the summer and the house and surrounding trees protect them pretty well in any case. One can install them on a motor with both a solar and wind guage so they automatically extend and retract in response to conditions. That's a much more elaborate installation than I have.

Rick
March 4, 2013 at 8:42PM     
Too cluttered counters?
Hi there, revamping my kitchen but not sure how best...
Small bathroom tile help needed!
Were doing our bathroom at the moment & have bought...
Lets start working on the guest room
While I wait on items to arrive for the other rooms,...
Need help with kitchen backsplash
We are building a new house and I am not able to decide...
Cannot find a Sherwin Williams gray that looks gray.
I am trying to paint my home a light gray and have...