Looking for window treatment suggestions
abigailgcs
Looking for window treatment suggestions and anything else helpful to complete these rooms? Thank you!
Simple stationery panels floor to crown on a decorative rod. Hang them either side of the windows and between the bay windows. I don't care for the rug in the passage, but you do need one there and under the table. It just doesn't suit the style with the zebra in the other room. Check online at homedecorators.com for a great selection of rugs. I think you'll find something that works better. If you are using one under the table, it needs to be 4 feet longer and wider than the table.
February 3, 2013 at 2:49PM     
abigailgcs
Thank you!
I completely agree with the entryway rug but haven't found one that would go with the brown and cream zebra rug. The luv for the zebra rug has pigeonholed me. Couple questions:
-any thoughts on color and weight of panels in LR and/or Dining room?
-do you think I should stick with a round rug in the entry?
-What type of pattern/design for dining room and entry would go with the zebra?
February 3, 2013 at 3:15PM   
bbishop005
I also think roman shades would work and bring in interest if you chose to do a pattern, or color. I have had success with blinds from Smith and Noble, where I can measure and hang myself. The also offer great pleated shades that open from top and bottom. I suggest those only b/c it seems as if you get a lot of sun and they can protect fabric. Also try counrty cutains if you want pre made curtains (yhe are not all country patterns or designs). Also like idea for curtains in LR from other post. Simple rug on foyer best. Can be a patern w/in rug so has interest, but is solid color .
February 3, 2013 at 3:23PM     
Agree with abigailgcs - you can check out some drapes at Country Curtains. They'll send you ten free swatches to see. If you want sun protection they have insulated roman shades and lined and unlined curtains, but the lined selection is not as large. You can shop by color for rugs at homedecorators.com, so look at the brown and cream ones for sure. I think I'd prefer a rectangular rug. Your entry isn't round, so why a round rug? Why not consider giraffe and leopard? You may as well go for it!!!
February 3, 2013 at 5:42PM   
abigailgcs
I found this pic showing the zebra pattern?? could i do them next to each other?
February 3, 2013 at 5:47PM   
Yes, you can do them across the hall from each other. You might find a fabric in the brown and cream zebra.I found two on homedecorators.com. Other colors available too. Will post separately.
February 4, 2013 at 6:08PM   
Here they are. They come in various sizes and some other colors I believe. Forgot, the first one is called Tribal and the other Zebra. Found zebra looking at brown rugs and the site suggested I might like the tribal.
February 4, 2013 at 6:13PM   
Blinds Direct Canada
I think that drapery is a big heavy for the space I would recommend either Roman Shades or Silhouette type blinds. It will give you that more formal look for the dining area and still keep it bright and airy .
http://www.blindsdirectcanada.com/blinds-toronto/hunter-douglas/silhouette-toronto.html
http://www.blindsdirectcanada.com/blinds-toronto/shades-toronto/roman-blinds.html
February 5, 2013 at 2:12PM   
Greg the PAINT-IT! guy
I like the pleated top down/bottom up sahdes inside the frames and tasteful French Pick-ups on the doors and high quality Roman Shades to coordinate in the adjoining Den. The pleated shades filter light but allow it in. They protect woods and fabrics and paints from fading and bring in a softness that is welcomming. The DR could use very slim fixed panels placed on very short seperate rods for each panel. Use clips or buttons to attach the panels to the rods for whimsy. Your project is just beautiful!! Getting it to this point in time must have been incredibly rewarding!!!! Have more fum finishing!!
February 5, 2013 at 3:31PM   
Greg the PAINT-IT! guy
BTW: I like the different rugs in the adjoining spaces. They function differently. Let them stand alone and enjoy the mix.
February 5, 2013 at 3:32PM   
Looking for suggestions for window treatments.
Worst thing about living in apartments or ranch-style...
Looking favor window treatment suggestions.
Almost done with this project. We have removed two...
Looking for window treatment suggestions!
This is my first posting to houzz :) My husband and...
Bare walls on both sides of garage
Would love to grow ficus ivy but husband fears damage...
What's the hardest thing to clean in your house?
Surely there is something in your house that involves...
Newly painted cabinets- too white!
We were just trying to do a quick freshening up in...
What sofa colors match ?
Please advice me with the best colors forbmy baby play...