Help deciding between window grilles inside or out ?
coochtro
We are building and undecided about window grilles. Appreciate any advice on this subject from anyone with experience related to pros and cons. Thanks!
Curb Appeal Renovations
Depends on the overall style of your home. A lot of our clients will go with them in the front of the house, but in the back where they have views and "live", they'll typically go with no grills. Whatever you decide, get them inbetween the glass!
   February 3, 2013 at 7:41PM
coochtro
Thank you. Our builder recommended front only as well . Just want to be sure in between glass looks nice- definitely better option from a practical stand point when cleaning.
   February 3, 2013 at 8:01PM
amberwpeters
Definitely inside, higher end and wonderful for cleaning
1 Like   February 3, 2013 at 8:18PM
Curb Appeal Renovations
coochtro - go to window manufacturer websites - Anderson, Pella, Jeldwin, Milgard are probably the "big" names - look at the grill options. amberwpeters is correct - in between the glass is really the only way to go for cleaning!! Also, if it is in your budget, consider windows that "tilt" for easier cleaning, "locks" on windows for extra security and so you can have them up partway to allow air in but still have security. Some people even like double hung windows. This isn't very important to most people as it is costly.

Depending on what area of the country you are, will depend on what type of windows sell the most. Where we are in Texas, vinyl windows are probably the biggest seller. They have no maintenance and hold up the longest. Fiberglass is growing in popularity but is still pricey compared to vinyl. Wood and wood/clad is very popular in some areas of the country, but there is maintenance. Most don't want the maintenance, but some just love the look/feel of wood! Of course those windows are typically more money. You also have aluminum, but I strongly recommend not going this way. Double paned or triple paned...unless you have the money, double pane will probably do very well. Just get a good window! This is an area you do not want to skimp on. Counters, fixtures, appliances, etc., can always be changed later and are cosmetic. Windows and doors can save you money!

Good luck!!
   February 4, 2013 at 12:50PM
Need Help For My Small Condo Living Room!
I found a small sectional to fit the room, but I can't...
Formal sofa dilemma
Need help accesories my formal living room sofa. Open...
Help! I need a paint scheme for these bookcases!
I have this large built in bookcase that is a honey...
Need help for condo kitchen
We bought a condo with a very 1980s u-shaped kitchen....
need help with my monterey taupe hardie siding
hi, i have a modern looking house (see pic in white)...