Paint color
saracharaf
I am so confused on the paint color to use. We are doing a cappuccino color kitchen with a cherry on maple island and bathroom cabinets, eggnog carpet, and cherry on maple hardwood in foyer, nook, kitchen, powder room and mud room. We are so confused on that color to go with. I want something that would look nice in the kitchen and I can use through out the house. The builder is using sherwin williams whites and lights swatch. We want to make the trim white and the walls a different color. Please help.
saracharaf
bump
February 3, 2013 at 9:41pm   
saracharaf
Bump
February 4, 2013 at 9:45am   
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
I don't know if your builder will use this or not, but it goes well in many different settings. I will attach a Houzz search result for you to look at. It is Sherwin Williams Nomadic Desert. http://www.houzz.com/nomadic-desert-paint
February 4, 2013 at 2:56pm   
Deborah, a nice way for sara to see a paint color in different rooms. I don't think Nomadic Desert is one of her choices.
I love SW7757 for woodwork and I chose this one because I think it will make the wall paint more of a color. For the walls, I like either SW7628 or 7516 in the beiges.

I love, love Silverpointe, too…more grey/green.

Hope this helps.
February 4, 2013 at 3:10pm   
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
Thanks judyg. I don't have anything here that says "Lights and Whites" so I wasn't sure. Went to the website and you're right. Sorry Sara, not much help. I like the SW7526 Maison Blanche and SW7517 China Doll. I would really encourage you to go ahead and buy some test samples of anything you are considering and paint some test boards with them - one color per board about 2'x3' so you can really see the color. You have had a time with your builder and there is no reason to get into any further issues. Paint is difficult to select - good luck.
February 4, 2013 at 3:44pm     
saracharaf
China doll and maison Blanche are both on there. I wish Nomedic Desert was there it is exactly why I had in mind but oh well. Hubby is leaning toward China Doll. That's the color they has in their model home. With snow bound for ceiling and trim. I think I like Dover better it is a little less bright. Thank you for the suggestions b
February 4, 2013 at 5:22pm   
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
Dover is pretty - just note it has a very slight yellow undertone. That may not matter with your other selections, just need to be aware of it.
February 5, 2013 at 4:14am   
Deborah, as I said, I loved the way you presented the color suggestion to sara. She was able (as was I) to see that color used in every room. You should do an ideabook with that theme. Usually we see different, although complimentary, colors in the homes. Not many paint the entire interior in the same color.

I did my daughter's cottage in one color for all the walls: SW Grecian Ivory and the woodwork in Divine Icing. The house is not big and that color segue from one room to another makes it look so much bigger.
February 5, 2013 at 2:06pm   
Recessed lighting
Which recessed lighting casts the most war, cozy feel...
laminate countertop seam
Hi, Countertops came today, is this seam too obvious?...
POLL: Best Home Security System?
Everyone wants to make sure their home and family is...
Ideas
Anyone have advice what color schemes for bedding and...
Lighten up and Coordinate Open Floor Plan-Family Room, Kitchen, Dining
We purchased an area rug for our family room that ended...