Need help on how to update our bedroom
Tina Fynbo
Okay we just purchased this really nice bedspread that is burgundy and light beige (the walls are a light beige) we had a mirror on the dresser but broke so now I am wondering what the heck I should do with that wall now the curtains are being replaced with blinds and I know the night stands do not match but we are hoping to get a new bedroom set sometime in the summer of fall so what can I do to make it look a little bit nicer and cozier and pictures of examples would help, also if I have to remove the bookcase I will remove it it is a small bedroom so I am just trying to update it without spending tons of money thank you once again, and any advice would help.
I think it is a question of elimination. Remove the bookcase and all tables. Try cornering the bed between the two windows. Hopefully that won't block the closet access. Sliding doors there could save some space. Install wall mounted swing arm lamps either side of the bed. Paintable chases will cover the cords. Unwrap your lampshades and use them on the dresser, which will look better if centered on the wall. You might need to rehang the door on a bumper hinge that will stop it from swinging into the dresser. Replace your curtains with two panels at each window hung floor to ceiling of a large decorative rod. Maybe the burgundy. You may have to order online to get the proper length. Other option would involve draping the wall to the right of the closet (including covering the window) and centering the bed there. Country Curtains has some 96" long insulated weaver's cloth drapery panels that might work. They'll send you ten free samples to see.
Glenwood Residence
Relaxing Luxury
Master Bedroom
Bedroom
February 4, 2013 at 7:59am   
Blinds Direct Canada
Remove the Drapery and put up Room darkening Roman Shades. They will look a lot neater and more modern looking.
http://www.blindsdirectcanada.com/blinds-toronto/shades-toronto/roman-blinds.html
February 4, 2013 at 2:43pm     
mpoulsom
It looks like you may need to move the bed to where the bookcase is, but it's hard to figure it out with the pic angles... ? or maybe put headboard of bed in corner between the 2 window walls, if that makes sense. then you can have nightstands on either side. I know you don't need to waste space in this room, but it looks like that may be your best bet with the way the doors and windows are situated in the room. Put 2 tablecloths on the 2 nightstands for the time being, if you want then to match until you can get new things. Move the bookcase into other bedroom for sure. I would probably replace the mirror above dresser, just to make the room appear larger and then hang your artwork elsewhere in the room. Get some burgandy sheets or maybe a tan color, something a little darker than what's in your comforter.
If you do the caddy corner idea with the bed, you could hide the little heater or air unti thingy behind it. You may even be able to hang you curtains behind the headboard as well for now. Use that corner for storing things that you use very little. Or hang some kind of fabric that matches your comforter from a rod, or even on copper pipe or conduit attached to the ceiling.
February 4, 2013 at 3:09pm   
Need help with how best to update our inglenook fireplace!
Hi. I am looking for some ideas on how we can update/modernise...
Want to update our bathroom AND our laundry room needs help!!!
This contest is PERFECT for us!!! We have a big bathroom...
Need ideas on how to update our brick fireplace.
Our house was built in1968 and this hasn't been updated...
Need advice on how to update Exterior of our home?
We recently bought a fixer upper on acreage & we are...
Help! I need help updating my bedroom.
I can't place my finger on it but something feels wrong....
Need curtain /blinds advise on window door combo.
I recently rented an apartment on ground floor. Most...
Turning wasted space/room into mud room? Please help?!
Hey y'all.... the hubby & I are about to embark a new...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Help with exterior color!!
I need ideas on exterior trim color and garage color??...
Decorating dining room...ideas please!
Need ideas and examples pics of items to finish decorating...