Need Ideas and Advice, Please
woodpat1
Hi,
We are planning to update our kitchen by refacing our cabinets with white doors, new hardware, etc. I am torn between white quartz countertops or black granite tops. Our kitchen island already has Venetian Gold granite, and will not be changed in the update. Please, tell me what you would do. - Thanks in advance.
timandt
Black granite would be a nice contrast. Not more white. Too much white with cabinets being white. In my opinion.
February 4, 2013 at 8:51am     
Yarbro Home Improvement LLC
Before making any counter top choices, have you considered back splash? Type similar to what currently exists, or something full height? If you go with black, with a full height black back splash, it might be too much, but, that is a look I personally prefer with light color cabinets
February 4, 2013 at 8:55am   
Marcy Claire
I would go with a nice black solid surface (or granite) countertop...leave the cabinets the way they are, and paint the walls either maybe taupe, coffee or mocha! Take down the wreath, get a more modern clock (maybe black with aluminum numbers) and put a few bigger baskets up top (it can take the height) also more updated canisters.....
February 4, 2013 at 9:14am   
Kj Gemmill
I love black/blackish granites with white cabinets and I know there are many different black finishes. You should choose one you love but my sister has a shiny black granite with occasional white and gold flecks and a few blue 'pieces' in it. It is beautiful. But it shows everything! Even fingerprints. And that drives her insane. If smudges/prints don't bother you that won't matter but if you are obsessive you will regret a shiny black finish. Maybe a honed black granite without the shine?
February 4, 2013 at 9:18am   
Home Style Redesigned
I agree that painting the cabinets will give your kitchen an updated look. Remember their are many shades of white, so avoid a bright white and choose a bleached linen or warm white. A black solid surface counter top will provide some contrast, look for a black that has specks of the gold or other colors on your island top. Look for a glass tile or mosaic backsplash that incorporates both the counters, island top and new cabinets. Pick your countertop, backsplash, cabinet paint and wall color prior to making a purchase. Even if you can only afford one project at a time, you need a design plan to make sure you get the results that you want.
February 4, 2013 at 9:28am   
Need advice and pics for living room ideas!! Please!!
Hi all, Moving into a new home soon, and I love...
Modern refurb ideas and advice please!
My neighbor put this out on the sidewalk so I quickly...
Entryway remodel advice ideas please!
I want to make this welcoming to us and guests, right...
Playroom/Sunroom advice and ideas needed.
Please help me with ideas that are inexpensive, childproof,...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Need Help with Family Room
I have a dilemma with what I should do with my family...
Front door color
I know in need a total makeover for the exterior of...
Does anyone actually sit and eat brekky together?
My family refuses to sit down and eat together each...
kitchen backsplash - votes for color and size
Which is the best option for my kitchen backsplash?...