Mini Kitchen redo
nanny60
Budget redo. Painting our 80's laminate & oak cabinets a gold color with a honey colored striated glaze. Also redoing island with tongue and groove wood around the laminate and new countertop Would like to do it olive green or a maroonish red. Colors in kitchen are green, maroon, gold and purple. We have a beautiful wood ceiling and wood floors, with a fireplace. Large kitchen.
The Virtual Designer- Kitchens & Bathrooms
Hello- from my point of view all you need to do is a bit of de-cluttering ie window coverings & pot hanger, take away all stuff from the benches and the open timber shelf. Less is more. Get new crisp clean stacks of bowls etc for open cabinet and streamlined cannisters.New white doors for ones missing below.
I think I'd paint the walls a crisp white to match the existing cabinets, timber butchersblock countertops would look great with white tile splashbacks.
There's my pennys worth of design advise.
0 Likes   February 4, 2013 at 2:56PM
carole
once those valances are gone,i would paint the oakhandels of the doors, a soft grey/green,keep the wall white to the top of the cabinets and paint the rest in the olivegreen,agree that wooden worktops(or lookalike) and white splashback would bring it up to date,but with all your black appl you could go for black too, then find some new kitchenware and there is your minimake-over without painting the laminaat doors,i've tried those before and ended up relaminating,which is a lot easier then painting,but these look good,so i would not spend the time and money...
0 Likes   February 4, 2013 at 3:28PM
equisuz
If you want color I would repaint the cabinets in a high gloss color and keep the other colors simple but that's me. Either way - pick one aspect of your kitchen and make it the star.
0 Likes   February 4, 2013 at 3:31PM
Curb Appeal Renovations
Well - you don't say why you're doing what you're doing - but if you're going to redo your cabinets, I'd pick one main color in your kitchen and work around that. Don't work with all those colors as your main color.

I'm sure you've investigated painting laminate and I'm glad that you're looking at a faux finish, unless you spray the cabinets, you'll see brush strokes on these and every imperfection.

For the island, make sure you're tying it somehow back in with the rest of the kitchen.
0 Likes   February 4, 2013 at 3:54PM
Budget mini kitchen redo
Budget redo. Painting our 80's laminate & oak cabinets...
nanny60
Mini Kitchen Redo
Small spaces don't have to sacrifice great design! Small...
Custom Spaces Design
Mini Hallway Redo: Plywood Floors and Wainscoting
If you are the kind of person that procrastinates on...
incubus_of_habit
Neede help picking clear mini pendants - kitchen island?
My island is very small 3x4 and I'll need to pick 2...
dkotov
Kitchen Mini Makeover
Hello, My husband and I are interested in doing...
konabear1
Need help designing a beautiful deck for this majestic building!
We recently purchased an old building overlooking the...
halloj
Help with my basement
I recently purchased a custom couch. While I measured...
invitingspace
Need ideas for updating fireplace area!
Please help give us a few ideas on updating around...
aeosbourn
Directional Change in Foyer?
My husband and I can't decide which direction. Browsing...
purplynny