What do I do to these counter tops?
timandt
They r god awful. I need to stain the cabinets dark. My dad is a carpenter and really doesn't want me to paint them so I'm going dark. Any backsplash and counter top ideas??
mpoulsom
take them out and start over. i'm sure your dad could help you do something different if you hate them that much. I don't think they look that bad though. Maybe stain the cabs first and then see what you think. What is your budget like? countertops can be quite expensive. backsplashes are usually a bit cheaper to change.
0 Likes   February 4, 2013 at 12:17PM
MarbleWarehousecom
Check out granite slab - it looks awesome and there are hundreds of choices to achieve the look you want.
0 Likes   February 4, 2013 at 12:18PM
A. Peltier Interiors
The sky is the limit if your replacing them. Some people like the look and selection you get with granite. I also really like Ceasar stone. I would decide which stain or direction you are going with the cabinets first and then pick counters and a backsplash second. I would also consider painting the cabinets, it is SUCH a beautiful look and you can do any color you want! Thats just my opinion though:)
0 Likes   February 4, 2013 at 12:19PM
timandt
I am constantly wanting to change something around my house so I think my husband would appreciate it if I stay low on the $ spent on this next project.
0 Likes   February 4, 2013 at 12:21PM
It's All About The Details!
It's all about the details in this 5 bedroom, 5 1/2...
Need help with red lacquer chest and gray fireplace
Trying to decorate my living room while working with...
What flooring to use?
We have had a living room added onto our house...will...
Kitchen cabinet and wall color
I am painting my cabinets and I am wondering what color...