Setting up a living / dining room with a central fireplace ?
mcctlc
Moving into an apartment with a living /dining room and a fireplace right in the middle and 2 picture windows as shown.
I have 2 large black leather sofas (3+2) and one large chair. I don't have to use the chair here .
I also have a wooden oval table . I want to maximize the view
How do I set up the room without excluding the fire !
Thanks !
Creations Nadia Interior Design
please look @ the pic: i guess the dining table will go aganst the window:)))
0 Likes   February 5, 2013 at 4:20PM
Ella at Wishack.com
You can focus on an open floor plan. For example, if you want to keep the space as uncluttered as possible, place your couches against a wall as this will keep the flow of light as open as possible.

Another thing, is that people have a misconception that if they place a couch or large piece of furniture in the middle of the room, it makes the room look smaller. This isn't always true depending on the size of your furniture. If you're using furniture to create sections in an open floor plan, then a couch or console table is a good way to create the illusion of sectioned spaces.

As for your dining set, consider a drop leaf table. These are the best for these types of spaces because you can extend the leaves for larger dinner parties, add a few chairs and you're set. From the look of your photo, you have really good outdoor space. Keep the dining table in the center of the windows. If you want to open your outdoor space, this gives a better sense of flow for people to easily move inside and outside without bumping into a table or bulky furniture.

If you're going to be entertaining in your living space, use an articulating TV mount if you want to have a TV in that room. Look at this one for an example: http://www.wishack.com/product_p/son-pm-2230.htm
Since the mount can be moved so easily, it's perfect for a large room.

Visit our site if you want more tips!
Good luck.
0 Likes   February 6, 2013 at 9:50AM
SECOND STORY CATWALK EXTENSION
HAVE CATWALKS ON BOTH SIDES OF OF HOUSE BUT ONLY HALF...
Need help for my kitchen
Hi I am in the process of having a white gloss kitchen...
Need help updating living room
We are working on decorating our living room. Looking...
Need help on hardwood floor decision
Hi Everyone! We have an open floor plan and there is...
Where to start!
I have inherited 200 acres. We have drilled a couple...