Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celestepet12

Small wall oven is causing chaos!

celestepet12
11 years ago
Hi everyone :) This is my first post!

This is my husband and I's first home... While we adore it, there are definitely a few things we'd like to change to make it our own.

The kitchen is really nice - great layout, huge pantry (!), big island and great custom cabinets with tons of space. We both love cooking, baking and entertaining. We hosted Thanksgiving for 20 here last fall.

So... we started off just wanting to change the backsplash (white with a veggie/fruit mosiac!) and countertops (brownish-green laminate)... however, the issue of appliances starts to factor into our decision, and we're not sure what to do.

Currently the kitchen has a counter stove and a built-in, 24" wall oven. Not only is the size an issue, but so is the age (70's?).

We are trying to figure out the best approach... Is it possible to remove the wall unit and replace it with some type of cabinet (maybe a glass would compliment the current cabinets)? Ideally, we'd like to just put a range in where the stove top is. I just don't know what to do with that chunk of space where the oven will be missing.

Any ideas? We're trying to get in touch with a good contractor, hopefully they'll be able to come over and give a professional opinion, but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone had dealt with a similiar issue?

Comments (7)