Need help!
Jo-Ann Natale-Iannone
3 minutes ago I need some help I'm stuck. The entire lower level was remodeled in blacks grays and creams. The backsplash is brushed chrome. Mirror coffee table and sofa table. I painted the wall 2x already and still not happy. I love the hollywood, contemporary classic, french contemporary style. I'm pulling in plums/purples however, what warm gray do I use on the walls? Curtains color/style, pendant lights and can I use a stainless steel with black counter stools? Type of kitchen window treatment. I got this far but now I'm stuck. The dining room and foyer walls are black with cream trim and need to coordinate it all. Please help.
Dave Albertson
I think the backsplash is what is giving you trouble. You either need to bling the walls out with some semi-metallic paint or metallic glass tile, or get rid of the backsplash.
Here is an example of both:
February 5, 2013 at 7:01pm     
Maria Killam
If you post pictures taken without flash of the granite and backsplash in the daytime, then we can see what your options are. http://www.mariakillam.com/2009/11/what-everyone-should-know-about-gray.html
Maria
February 5, 2013 at 7:05pm     
celestepet12
I would change out some of the silver/cream accesories and replace them with that dark plum color instead - tie the color into some drapes as well. I may also change the rugs in the living area and kitchen to something that contrasts with the floors and couches a little, as well as add a runner between the sofa table and wet bar to warm it up. Just a few low-commitment ideas. I think it's beautiful and would hate to repaint or re-do the backsplash if you just finished.
February 5, 2013 at 7:11pm   
Jo-Ann Natale-Iannone
The backsplash I love, I just redid the entire kitchen. People just go crazy over the backsplash. I don't know whether to use this type of counter stool or black leather with nailheads. Color for windows, art etc. I keep going in circles.
February 5, 2013 at 7:15pm     
Jo-Ann Natale-Iannone
yes I plan on bringing in color with pillows, candles and florals with the plums. What color rug are you suggesting? I'm trying to find the perfect warm gray to go with the creams, blacks and purples to start. Then window treatments are needed. thank you for suggestions, I appreciate the feedback.
February 5, 2013 at 7:21pm   
4resas
The color is a nice neutral back drop. You need to get purple accents and add them around the space. Purple bowls in the corner shelves, and in your hutch area. Polished pendants? On a quick Internet glance I didn't really see any Regency style barstools, but maybe these would work
February 5, 2013 at 7:22pm   
celestepet12
Re: The rug... maybe it's just the picture/my computer, I was thinking something that had a little more contrast with the floors to pull that area together?

I like the metal counterstools, much more than the leather. So much more modern, too.

My parents just bought and totally renovated a condo - As if picking out the materials/items for the reno isn't enough, then you have to find all the perfect accents to "go" with them! I'm overwhelmed for my mom, lol.
February 5, 2013 at 7:26pm   
the essentials inside
Hi all! Jo-Anne - your home is gorgeous and you've done a wonderful job so far. It might be good just to relax for a few days b/f making any more big decisions about it.

I agree w/Maria - if you could post some daytime photos tomorrow, that would help w/recommendations.

Lyvonne
www.essentialsinside.com
February 5, 2013 at 7:34pm   
bellbeck
Love the idea of going with black window treatments. I absolutely love your kitchen, great job! Would you mind sharing the make/model of the hood and where you got it? Also what size is it? Thanks!
February 5, 2013 at 7:41pm   
Jo-Ann Natale-Iannone
Zephr is the name of the hood. I got it at ABC Appliance. I'm sure you can find it from a search. Size not sure. However, it's so powerful that when I turn it on, it's too loud. Maybe they have another model.
February 5, 2013 at 7:51pm   
Jo-Ann Natale-Iannone
Here are two photos taken. Kitchen with no flash. An accent wall that I would like to put an electric rectangle fireplace and some kind of texture. Ideas needed.
February 5, 2013 at 8:44pm     
Jo-Ann Natale-Iannone
excuse the flowers, the arrangements have not been made but that is the color I decided to bring in.
February 5, 2013 at 8:45pm   
hparks74
I love everything you have done. What about acrylic bar stools? I love the idea of plums or warm grey.
February 6, 2013 at 1:46pm     
Jo-Ann Natale-Iannone
So I'm taking the advice and starting with a new rug selection #1, curtains #2, pendents #3, accent pillows and accent chairs last. May I get feedback on any of these rugs or please give suggestions. Or should I go with all beige rug if the walls are painting a little warmer gray... Suggestions on accent chairs... cream and black zebra, all black with leather with nailheads?
February 6, 2013 at 5:28pm   
4resas
I love both rugs. If you have children, pets or entertain a lot go with the dark one. If not you can go light. If you go dark rug then zebra chairs, if you go light then you can use black chairs.
February 6, 2013 at 5:35pm   
Jo-Ann Natale-Iannone
thanks. Maybe at this point I should hire a designer to tie up loose ends for me in colors and selections. Any recommendations of a designer with this style?
February 6, 2013 at 5:58pm     
the essentials inside
Thinking....searching....will be back!

Thanks so much for posting the add'l pictures.

Lyvonne
www.essentialsinside.com
February 6, 2013 at 6:14pm   
donna0503
I would like to suggest that you take a look at Restoration Hardware paint color "stone". I just painted this color in a couple rooms and it is a very nice warm gray.
February 6, 2013 at 6:47pm   
jsod
Because of the air vent near the window frame you should use an inside mounted valance or shade. For a valance I would go with a relaxed faux roman shade. The soft curves will balance out the linear effect of the backsplash.
February 6, 2013 at 7:01pm   
the essentials inside
Sorry - just saw your earlier comment. I think hiring a designer is always a good idea. I see you are in Blackwood. I've never been to Blackwood, but I'm sure we can find you a great designer from Cherry Hill, Vorhees or even Philly.

Here's a Houzz search for you: http://www.houzz.com/professionals/c/Blackwood,-NJ/d/10

Lyvonne
www.essentialsinside.com
February 6, 2013 at 8:41pm   
the essentials inside
I'm a little slow going but here are some ideas for the back wall where your tv is now:

21 Masculine Man Cave Ideas | Inthralld
Custom Home Cinema

It that is going to be your tv room.

I'll be back later w/more ideas. :)

Lyvonne
www.essentialsinside.com
February 8, 2013 at 5:27pm   
Lkristine
Don't change your paint color------here is a window treatment idea to go with what you have....http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/for-the-home/departments/window-treatments/in-home-services/custom-decorating-/resource-center/jcp-home%25e2%2584%25a2-textured-stripe-roman-shade/prod.jump?ppId=1e3ce42&searchTerm=roman+shades&dimCombo=null&dimComboVal=null&catId=SearchResults
February 8, 2013 at 5:57pm   
ktiquet
Wow you can come design any room in my house your space is beautiful. For the lights maybe some sparkle. I think the plum color is going to look fabulous. Have you thought about a plum rug? Just to add a little more color. Can't wait to see how this turns out.
February 8, 2013 at 8:02pm   
Jean Tuck
Im not happy with back splash either , in my opinion I would use a design similar to the wine rack design haveing x's all across that area will keep cintinuity of existing permanent design .
February 8, 2013 at 8:16pm   
Blinds Direct Canada
Shutters work great in the kitchen . You can also add a Mock Roman valace to add the colors you are looking for.
February 10, 2013 at 9:08am   
the essentials inside
Hi all! Jo-Ann Natale-Iannone - Just checking in to see how the house is coming along!

Lyvonne
www.essentialsinside.com
April 4, 2013 at 4:54pm   
Jo-Ann Natale-Iannone
Lyvonne thanks for getting back to see how things are going. I've written on here but didn't hear back from anyone. thanks again.
April 4, 2013 at 6:46pm     
the essentials inside
Oh I see your other threads! I'll see you over there!

Lyvonne
www.essentialsinside.com
April 4, 2013 at 7:05pm     
Are pendent lights going out of style?
Redoing my kitchen and someone told me pendent lights...
need help with paint color for a transitional home white floors
Need help with paint color espresso cabinets and white...
POLL: Tiny Houses - Yes or No?
Do you see tiny houses and long to pitch your belongings...
Describe this kitchen in 1 word
Straight - line layout to maximize space Exotic wood...
Smooth Ceiling in 2 Story Entryway
Hello Fellow Houzzers, My dilemma is this... I have...