So pretty!
buildohiohouse
February 5, 2013 in Photo Questions
Can you please tell me the exact color and brand used to paint the exterior brick? Thank you!!!!!
Kemp Hall Studio
It was Duron (now Sherwin Williams) shell white. Please be careful as photos and specific lighting can distort colors. I always recommend having the painter create large samples on the walls before committing. Look at the color in different lighting conditions before you make a final decision.
February 7, 2013 at 10:50AM   
buildohiohouse
Thank you for the answer Can you please tell me if you used a black door or a dark brown stain door? Color of roof? I appreciate it!!!
February 7, 2013 at 11:35AM   
buildohiohouse
I am trying to decide between a black roof and black door or brown roof and brown door with same or very similiar exterior paint color on brick. Thank you!!!
February 7, 2013 at 11:36AM   
Kemp Hall Studio
The door is a very dark ebony stain. I personally really don't like brown roofs (personal bias). You can use black or charcoal grey even with brown below. I think it looks great with just about everything.
February 7, 2013 at 11:45AM   
buildohiohouse
I really appreciate your thoughts. I like a dark stained door but I do not like a brown roof as much as a black roof either. I am building a house in Cincinnati but choosing everything from Fayetteville, AR and I am depending on the internet and nice people like you to make decisions from afar. I am hoping Sherwin Williams still has this color because it is beautiful!!! We are having beige windows since they have been ordered already. Black roof, black door, beige windows and Shell White. :) Sound nice????
February 7, 2013 at 12:33PM   
Kemp Hall Studio
It does sound nice . . . . however, be careful of beige as there are many versions and it could clash with the paint color. I would find out the window manufacturer and get a sample of their beige and then have some samples of paint colors that you can compare from Arkansas. Make sure you look at everything in natural light as it is much different than artificial lighting. Hope that helps!
February 7, 2013 at 12:57PM   
buildohiohouse
I so appreciate your advice! Just emailed my builder to have a sample of our "beige pella window" sent to me. Thank you!!! One more question if you don't mind? Our house will also have a copper roof over the entry way. Can I still do a black roof and ebony/black wrought iron front door? Thank you
February 7, 2013 at 3:49PM   
buildohiohouse
Or perhaps a charcoal/black roof and dark stained front door? :)
February 7, 2013 at 3:51PM   
Kemp Hall Studio
I think that would look very nice
February 7, 2013 at 3:51PM   
buildohiohouse
Thank you!!! Have a good evening
February 7, 2013 at 4:03PM   
buildohiohouse
Would you mind answering this also, please? :). Should our exterior brick paint color be lighter, darker or same match as our beige window color ? I have Pella sending a sample to me. I attached a picture of what our house style will be. Just painted brick and we will ha e stone also. Thank you!!!!
February 8, 2013 at 6:23AM     
Kemp Hall Studio
I think they could either be tone on tone or the same color. You should consider a lime wash on the brick as opposed to painting as it allows the brick to breathe. You can let the brick color come through or by applying more coats, get more of a solid color look. The lime wash wears over time as opposed to peeling like paint. Something to consider. You can google it and find some information . . .
February 8, 2013 at 9:57AM     
buildohiohouse
Oh thank you!!! I am going to google info now. I truly can't say thank you enough!!! I plan to send you a picture when the house is done in June. :)
February 8, 2013 at 12:10PM   
What color will you NEVER find in your house?
It's usually pretty easy to tell the colors that people...
Need ideas for this awkward wall...please help!
When we bought the house this awkward wall in our den...
Kitchen island without seating?
Does anyone have a smaller island without seating just...
Will these choices work????
Went to Ethan Allen shopping for new living room furniture...
SOS! please help we with the walls, I am not sure what colour to chose
I wanted firstly the provence style blue, then I changed...