Help in small spare bedroom
Tonnie Bruner
Welcome suggestions to finish spare bedroom - blanket chest & two side tables were made and given to me as a gift from my husband years ago - they will stay in this room - he just completed the headboard, I would like suggestions as to how to finish it along with the rest of the room - I bought fabric to make drapes to hang on each side (just pinned up on wall for now) not too sure the fabric goes - the lamps can be used in another room or spray paint the bases and cover the shades - not sure about the plaited wool area rug - welcome any suggestions to help make this room warm and inviting.
Eagledzines
I would use wall mounted lamps hung just a tad above the headboard. Put a vertical picture grouping where the lamps are now and remove the lamps. OR leave the lamps and put four pictures horizontally over the bed with nice large mattes around the pictures.

A handmade quilt on the bed with a matching dust ruffle. Match the dust ruffle to the drapes and quilt. Lay a solid color blanket at the foot of the bed. Maybe something that matches the walls and coordinates with the quilt. Maybe something mohair--something cozy.
February 5, 2013 at 10:18PM   
minemine
How wonderful to have such a handy and talented husband. Since the blanket chest and tables were made years ago, they have probably taken on a patina from age. Rather than trying to duplicate the finish, why not go with something completely different. Mixing wood finishes is done all the time.
February 5, 2013 at 10:48PM   
R C
First of, I loooooove the white and blue pillows that are on the bed. I would add some horizontal stripes on the wall. Perhaps change the nighstands such as the one below....they will add more interest by not having straight lines - seen throughout the room. They will mimic the roundness of the mirror Definitelly add a bedskirt to the bed for a more tailored look and perhaps an artwork on the left wall - when you're facing the bed. I also love adding a folded blanket at the end of the bed - like you see in hotels. It gives more thre-dimensionality to the bed. Hope this helps. Good luck!
February 6, 2014 at 10:04PM   
Here are some SW colors from your fabric selections that might inspire you.
February 6, 2014 at 10:10PM   
Designs for small spare bedroom/ office
Functional small scale desk to hold bills/magazines...
Small Room needs to be den/spare bed/and laundry! HELP!
I have a small room which now is currently used as...
Need help with spare bedroom in the basement
We are having a new house built and our builder just...
Help with spare bedroom idea
Want to make the room minimalistic / modern it is not...
Need help with spare bedroom!
I have a relatively small spare bedroom that I want...
POLL: Which is your side of the bed?
People sometimes stake claims to their side of the...
Door color? Fresh look
Hi. I'm a first timer and I'm nervous. So be gentle....
Paint, what colour do we choose!?
We need some serious help! Neither of us have any design...
How many walls should I paint?
I've started painting a guest room in a quilted fashion...
This backyard has the uglies....all concrete...ideas please
All concrete backyard from the fence to the porch....