Calacatta Gold Has Variation
dbenson1983
Hi All,
I just want to spread the word about Calacatta gold marble. This stone has lots of range and should only be considered if what you like is natural range from piece to piece. It is beautiful when laid out, but please understand no one piece will look the same.
Richmond Hill Interiors, llc
This is true of any stone. When picking countertops, it's very important to inspect and choose your particular slab. When purchasing tile, talk with your tile provider about acceptable color range within your boxes prior to placing order.
February 6, 2013 at 4:43AM   
nononanna
I got a great price on a huge piece several years ago because it showed up in a deep camel color and the original buyer hated it - it gold was perfect for the kitchen i was remodeling and the dealer couldn't wait to get rid of it!

But definitely you need to see the piece before it's installed.
February 6, 2013 at 4:50AM   
CMM Tile
Its somewhat of a generalization to state that all Calacatta has a lot of range while showing a commercial grade quality (not select) in the picture. Yes, its true that calacatta tends to have more range than a crema marfil or thassos, but a select Calacatta should have a consistent milky white background throughout the lot. The range in essence comes from the gray and/or gold veining structure/color. Unfortunately due to the high demand and limited supply of first quality material, the American market is flooded with standard and often substandard quality of Calacatta and therefore many people today believe that's what calacatta looks like. Its just a matter of searching a reliable supplier. There is still good quality Calacatta on the market, but it is expensive. Houzz is a great tool for this and many application pictures here show that good Calacatta is still available. If you have any questions or concerns in searching for Calacatta, please let us know. After all, that is what we specialize in everyday!
February 6, 2013 at 9:22PM     
Sapphire Design Group
Yes to previous comment. Clearly this is not a premium quality Calacatta.
February 6, 2013 at 10:17PM   
Home sick in Louisiana
All I see is brown stain - I have many questions re:...
What style and color of shutters should we use?
We would like to add shutters to the sets of windows...
Glass edge looks green
We are almost finished with our kitchen, we only have...
Material for Back wall of porch?
I am building a covered porch with screens that connects...