Crib Design
eiden1018
Baby boy number 2 is on the way and fast approaching, so I have to get about building another crib. I wanted to build something a little different than what I have seen before, so this is what I have come up with so far.

This is going to be a convertible crib, so the front section is removable for a day bed and the sides are removable for using them as just a head and foot board. The openings in the lower part are for drawers. I am thinking about doing flush mount faces. As from materials; I am looking at doing brushed aluminum posts with a clear powdercoating and the wood will be ???Dark Stained Walnut???.

What I am wondering is will the dark walnut go with the brushed aluminum?

Would flush mount drawer fronts be the way to go?

Would you top it off with an aluminum top rail or go with the wood?

Would you do a taller back or keep it all the same height?

Any suggestions/comments are appreciated!
housegirl123
I think this is a great idea, it is great with storage.
February 6, 2013 at 11:56AM   
Creations Nadia Interior Design
please don't use aluminum - your baby will eventually stand up and his mouth will be in contact with the rail, another thing - before you do the finish - check 100 times with the paint manufactores if the product is not toxic!! the paint you will use has to meet certain standarts:)))) after all it is your baby's HEALTH!
February 6, 2013 at 12:03PM     
eiden1018
I think whether I went with the aluminum or the wood I would attach a plastic bite rail, I would for sure with the aluminum. However I think I am leaning away from the aluminum top rail as it is just too much aluminum and takes away from the wood. I appreciate the input.
February 6, 2013 at 12:23PM   
kathy
IS the front going to lower and raise so that you can pick up infant baby? That means recessing the drawers so drawer faces and especially handles don't interfer with side when it's down.
And have you researched the required distance for the upright posts so that baby doesn't fall through nor get head stuck?
February 6, 2013 at 12:34PM   
0825sam
Hi - I am sure you know this but just in case because it was mentioned in the last comment - those types of drop side cribs are no longer permitted. They have all been recalled.
February 6, 2013 at 12:41PM   
kathy
Really - I guess I'm showing my age - my kids are 16 and 18 - years! Have fun with your build - it does look beautiful.
February 7, 2013 at 11:50AM   
Driveway entrance
Hi I have a Spanish style home and want to create a...
What to do with revolting internal brick walls?
Hello we are looking to buy an 80's style double brick...
Need help with my living room
Hi , we moved in our new house year ago ,I am still...
Need help for our kitchen
We are currently thinking of remodeling our kitchen...
Driveway appeal
I just finished pressure watching my driveway and would...