Where do I put the spices???
Sherrie
Where is the best spot for spices in a kitchen? rack in a cupboard door? drawer? Pullout cabinet?
Jayme H.
I had a pull out narrow, lower drawer, but our son used it as a ladder and to get to the spices on the lower part, u pretty much had to get down on your knees...Needless to say, I moved them to the cupboard to the left of my stove. Those pull out cabinets look great if the spices are not down low.
February 6, 2013 at 3:04pm   
Remya Warrior Designs
I have it on a wall cabinet right to my Hood, since Im right handed.
February 6, 2013 at 3:07pm   
It really depends on how your kitchen is configured. Ideally the spice rack should be between the sink and cooktop. I like it in the upper cabinets so everything is close to eye level.
February 6, 2013 at 3:44pm   
bojaby
Just do not put them in a rack above your stove. Heat is not good for spices. I have my spices on a double level lazy Susan in a corner cabinet . In my previous kitchen I had a small drawer where I kept my spices. I really liked this set up. My Mother had a flip out spice rack built into her sink cabinet. It looked similar to the flip out areas on new cabinets but I was told these were for scrubbers and dish washing related items.
February 6, 2013 at 5:04pm   
carriedecorates
NOT crammed into the corner of a pantry with very deep shelves, which is where mine are. I wish I had a way to keep mine all within view simultaneously.
February 6, 2013 at 5:16pm   
AMN
Ours are organized in a drawer right underneath our cooktop.
February 6, 2013 at 5:29pm   
Sherrie
Thanks for all the input. I am leaning towards a door rack in a cabinet to the right of my stove. Considered the drawer route, but not sure if i could get used to looking down to find them!
February 7, 2013 at 9:02am   
Need help deciding color of accent wall
I have an entire house painted light beige. Drapes...
Need advice on our concrete jungle
We have a hot, ugly concrete driveway (about 600 square...
How do you store fabric in a sewing/craft room?
I am looking for ideas for storing fabric in my new...
Shutter dilemma
I'm looking for advice on shutters. I can't change...
Privacy screen for toilet in master bath/bedroom
A 100+ yr. old house has master bedroom and bath in...