Need help with my dining room?
jthugghins
There is just a lot of blank walls and need help with ideas to fill the spaces? Thanks
Jayme H.
Is your dining table under the window?
February 7, 2013 at 3:54pm   
carole
more art!!and maybe more color on the walls???and put the table more to the centre of the room,if there is a space issue how about a bench i.o. 2 chairs??or maybe it would be better to have a square table?i think the problem is adequate space for the table??can you tell us more???
February 7, 2013 at 4:00pm   
Ceremony
Hi, artwork will definitely make the space look more complete. i'd also suggest painting the walls a more dramatic colour to really differentiate the space from your kitchen and add some always lovely drama. perhaps a dark indigo or oxblood. i would also suggest lowering your wine rack as it is hung a little too high on your wall. Additional accessories on your server will hep as well. Objects of varying heights so the eye reads the accessories almost like a city skyline if that helps you visualize it. go for solid colour ceramics to contrast nicely with your existing glass barware and and maybe even a runner to add some colour and texture. or maybe move your arrangement you have on the table over to the server, then add a lovely oversize bowl and runner onto your table. I think your space is great, it just needs a few more items to completely pull it together! good luck!
February 7, 2013 at 4:03pm   
jthugghins
My dining room is a walk thru room so I moved the table over and added the light so it wouldn't be in the way. The table isn't against the window, there is a bench on that side of the table. What kind of art or wall decor? Thanks for your ideas
February 7, 2013 at 4:23pm   
carole
that is personal to you,do you like folk art,contempory,paintings or fretwork???colorfull or black and white,abstract,flowers,landscapes??needleworks??could you put on some pictures of things you like??
February 7, 2013 at 5:15pm   
I would remove the extra, non-dining, chairs. Move the wine rack to the wall left of the kitchen door. Try hanging it so the center of it is 60" above the floor. Add art above the buffet. Add a matching pair of themed art pieces to the left and right of the door into the living room.
February 7, 2013 at 5:20pm   
need lighting help for my living room and my dining room!
Need help because I do not know if they match the specific...
need help in deciding a color for my walls on my dining room
I have an accent wall in my living room the color is...
I need help making my dining room blend with my kitchen.
My dining room is open to my kitchen, and my kitchen...
what color to paint my fence to match my house
I need to find a color that will match my house which...
Where Do I Bring In Color/Pattern?
For my living room, I'm wondering which pieces I should...
I need help completing the look of this room. What can I add or take away?
Im not sure if I have too much going on or if the arrangement...
Drape dilemma... Too short!
So I didn't do my research on what the appropriate...