Which Modestly Priced Cabinet Mfgs Is Very Durable Because it Is Well Built?
robbiess
I have surfed the web hard and am getting more frustrated by the second. I am about to fully remodel my kitchen and I am looking for the best value in a all new cabinets. Please help me sort out the facts from fiction. TIA
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
Modestly priced is a relative term. What I consider modest, may be pricey to some and cheap to others. Some of the mid-range cabinets we like because they are well made are Shiloh, Wellborn and Omega. None of these, however, are on the bottom end of the price scale. They are good value for the price.
February 8, 2013 at 5:23am     
Ironwood Builders
I think your question is, unfortunately, at odds with itself. A cheap well made cabinet is not available, hence your frustration. Deborah's response is correct...in essence, the balance point is a good quality cabinet for a moderate price. Low prices signal low quality. There are exceptions...there are local custom cabinetmakers that can deliver high quality for more moderate costs...but they tend not to be on the Internet selling.
February 8, 2013 at 6:02am     
Need help locating this brick!!
We would like to add on to our home, however, our local...
I need living room/Fireplace help!!
My husband and I bought our first home last year. We...
54" Tub
We have a 93" wall to put both a tub and toilet (plus...
are there rules for varied vs same size plank floors?
Trying to decide which goes best in a bedroom where...