how big should mirrors be?

cbareFebruary 7, 2013
I am remodeling 4 guest bathrooms at my lakehouse. I am using furniture looking vanities in two bath and two pedestal sinks in the other. Would a 18x24 mirror look good over the pedestals, or be too small? The other vanities are 48" and 30" wide. Any suggestions.....
Ironwood Builders
OK, any medicine cabinets? Where does all that stuff go? I read mirrors only...18X24 is probably adequate and won't dwarf the pedestals. How big are the basins on the vanities? Mirror should be at least 6" bigger than the basins, 3" each side and no longer than the counter top that the basin sits in. Anybody else?
    Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 7:55PM
cbare
Thanks for your suggestions! The basins on the vanities are 'normal' size, nothing fancy, just ovals. As far as storage for the bath with pedestals, I thought about putting shelving above the toilet and I forgot to say that the mirrors have a little shelf. This is a Jack and Jill bath so there is plenty of storage in the linen closet in between the toilet rooms.
    Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 8:38AM
A. Peltier Interiors
There really is no set rule of thumb for how big your mirror should be. I would however say not to make the mirror bigger than the pedestal though. It can be the exact width if you want hough. I would also try and go as big as you can with the mirror. So if your pedestal is 24" wide and you can fit a mirror that wide on your wall maybe go 20" or so. But when it comes to something like that you just have to use your eye to guide you. You can always hold the mirror up and take a photo and then post for us to see. Sounds like you have an exciting project on your hands!
    Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 8:50AM
cbare
    Bookmark   February 8, 2013 at 8:56AM
Need help for Bathroom vanity, mirror & lighting area. 80 inches long
The vanity is 80 inches long. Double sinks close to...
arabasque
Empty wall above sideboard in foyer...
Help! My dad made us this beautiful oak & walnut...
lucinda17
how big should a vanity mirror be?
My vanity is 42 inches. I would like to put in a rectangular...
lscheitlin
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Stefanie
Need help choosing a colour for my living room walls.
I would love some advice. We just bought two charcoal...
australia2747
Bedroom/Bathroom Redecorate ideas Needed!
Need to paint bedroom and bathroom....want to use leopard...
maryb56