Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boksocnaj1949

Ideas for bar counter top

boksocnaj1949
11 years ago
We are putting in some cabinets in my husbands man cave. I'm looking for ideas for the counter tops. There will be a small copper sink with a one hole, tall faucet in bronze. Th cabinets are birch wood. I was thinking of wood counter tops , but was wondering how to seal them.
IdeaGarden · More Info

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Twisted Minds Custom Designs
    11 years ago
    Depending on type of wood you use, there are a variety of sealers available. Softer more pourous woods will need a thicker topical type sealer, whereas harder varieties as well as butcherblock and bamboo may only need thin beeswax sealer. There also is a two part varnish sealer that leaves a thick coating glass smooth if applied properly but is a little difficult to work with, and if not applied properly can leave little air bubbles in finish. Have you considered concrete for your counter. Being a mancave bartop, concrete would be an excellent choice. Feel free to visit my profile page for examples of a few pieces I've created with concrete. And if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to answer.
  • PRO
    Arkin Tilt Architects
    11 years ago
    We've had good luck with the OSMO Hardwax Oil satin floor finish on countertops. It's what's on the salvaged bowling alley dining room table pictured in this project.
  • Kristin Jongejan
    9 years ago
    Can you tell me about the wood siding? Is it tongue and groove? What kind of stain did you use?