Dunno how to design for 14 year old bedroom
naomi6988
Do anyone have any ideas how to design I have 14 year girl's bedroom everything I mentioned to do she didn't like . She says she wants it cool and different to her friend's bedrooms
Been there and done it. In the end we opted for something quite dramatic. I painted the teen's walls in panels of dark chocolate brown with white panels. She has a square room, and this effectively divided the two walls into three zones. (the outer wall are windows) and the other wall I filled with an IKEA sliding cupboard in chocolate brown and mirror to bring in the light and negate the dark chocolate.

This machiavellan scheme allowed me to bring in all the elements that go with deep chocolate but that change according to the girl's whims (we began with a deep to vivid fuschia colour on the bed spread, shades and accents - achieved by a bit of creative spray painting, and sheets in the sales section of a store). Sure enough a year later, she was tired, so we changed the accents to vivid green. (Picture below is unfinished first stage - fuschia)
Next on the list I have planned is a lovely sea blue.

The point is that the usual white is boring but the dark chocolate provides panels of drama (and zones on which to hang posters/frames etc). Her bedhead was also made in cream with removable buttons that can be changed according to whim!
February 10, 2013 at 4:59am   
naomi6988
Thanks very much
February 10, 2013 at 5:02am   
I would ask her to gather some ideas to show you. At least pick 1 or 2 colors that she would like to be used in the bedroom.

February 10, 2013 at 5:42am   
M B Wilson Interior Design
Check out Pottery Barn Teens, and Restoration Hardware for ideas. Often you can take their ideas and adapt them to work in your home. At 14 she is going to want something that will last through the rest of High School. So lean more towards adult patterns rather than kid stuff.
February 10, 2013 at 5:48am   
daughter bedroom 14 year old design and color
H My 14 years old daughter bedroom needs to be painted...
What to do with 14 year olds bedroom
Right now it white and it brick. We aren't looking...
How to practically change a room for a 14 year old! on a budget? Help!
Changing a 14 year olds bedroom into a somewhat contemporary...
Urgent Input Needed on Master Shower Stall
New construction 12,000 sq ft home with walk in 4'...
What color and patterns should I use?
I'm redecorating my daughters room soon. I'm using...
Carpet over tiles
We have just moved into a house which has ceramic tiles...