need help for my future kitchen..want between cozy maine'style and moderne...Any ideas??
marieflaca
Want a kitchen between cottage Maine's style and moderne, any ideas ?? thank you..
Nobody knows where to buy terracotta floor in Montreal?? thank's
Shawn Lagemann
This solution is all in material choices and color. When I think of Maine cottage, I also think of coastal cottage. For modern I think of simplicity and lack of adornment. For cabinets I'd look at a simple shaker style in a white finish, no crown molding or other details, but you can throw in some glass doors. The simple style of shaker cabinets is both modern and (in white) leans toward the Maine cottage. For countertops, you may want to look at a simple quartz, no movement or splotches just simple and plain. You can punch it up some color here though like a blue to have more of the beachy feel. For a backsplash, simple subway tile installed in a stacked pattern, not the usual running bond (brick pattern) uses traditional elements found in cottage style with a modern twist. Colored grout will make the pattern stand out more, where matching grout will make the pattern less evident. Flooring, I'd look at natural maple hardwoods, lighter woods give off the cottage feel as well as modern. Lighting, look for traditional fixtures with a modern twist. Restoration Hardware, Rejuvenation and others have for example, schoolhouse lighting in polished nickle finish, or more industrial/nautical fixtures also with nickle finishes. You can also add a farm sink (very cottage) but in a simple stainless steel design, couple that with a modern style "bridge faucet" in a chrome finish and you have all the basis covered. Keep the hardware choices very simple.
0 Likes   February 10, 2013 at 7:00AM
I AM RE PAINTING MY WHOLE HOUSE I WANT A RELAXING COZY FEEL ANY IDEAS
THE KITCHEN CABINETS ARE WHITE THE COUNTER TOP SLATE...
jjfi
Need help I want build my dream home for my future family with my wife
I want to build a home with cheap but strong materials,...
Jimmy Vizcarra
Jimmy Vizcarra
Need help selecting a sectional that will compliment my desired future style
I would like to buy a sectional right now for my current...
faulstr
Please HELP! I need ideas on how to modernize my 90's RENTAL kitchen
* I can not change the cabinets or white appliances...
cmaher421
Wood floors - options?
Can't tell if these hardwood floors absolutely require...
castelljennifer
Two Story Fireplace and Built-In Bookshelves
While I have tried to like our great room in our newly-constructed...
theoffice0
Help me choose the right fireplace!
Planning to put an electric fireplace on the living...
drymades
Brand new painted cabinets chipping on edges.
We did custom painted cabinets shaker sale cabinets...
fanofmyfam
Backsplash
going with silistone teal leaf and need advice on type...
rhnurse3