Dimensions please
wallacemk
February 10, 2013 in Photo Questions
Hi, what are the dimensions of this room? Are the floor plans available? Any idea of the approximate cost of construction?
Your Favorite Room By Cathy Zaeske
Thanks for your question. The specs are roughly 20 x 20. As a reference point, the center panel on the sides of the room under the gables are 7' wide. This was a custom build and total project cost is roughly 40k. Best of luck
February 10, 2013 at 2:38pm   
donnaely
How was this addition attached to the original house? I don't see a picture from that angle. I would love to build something like this on my house.
March 28, 2013 at 10:29am   
Your Favorite Room By Cathy Zaeske
Thanks for the questions donnaely and wallacemk. This was custom designed and built so floorplans are not publicly available. As I stated before, It is roughly 20 x 20. The large side panel behind the swing is 7' across for reference. I don't have tons of pics from the attachment to the house phase (wasn't the "pretty" part!) but here are a couple if you can make heads or tails of them. Siding was taken off and beams and posts were secured to the house directly. Best!
March 29, 2013 at 7:05am     
donnaely
I'm wanting to add a "gazebo like" room onto my existing wrap around porch. I plan to include the french doors on each side of the fireplace in the room. There is also a french door coming out of the bedroom onto this part of the porch. Any ideas about how to attach to the existing porch with the roof line of the porch that is there?
March 30, 2013 at 11:06am   
Your Favorite Room By Cathy Zaeske
My recommendation would be to hire an architect for a consult - best!
March 30, 2013 at 11:16am   
ksstyle
I agree with Cathy Zaeske 100%. Try going to localarchitect.co because you could be doing yourself a huge disservice if you ask a pro.
March 30, 2013 at 11:23am   
donnaely
I'll do that. Thank you for the ideas. They are great!
March 30, 2013 at 11:29am   
Home Additions: Master Suite or Family Room?
When you're ready to make the investment, an addition...
Kitchen area - paint color?
We are buying a home with this beautiful addition built...
Closet Organization Advice
My closet is a nice size, I need help with how to organize...
Need help trying to pick the right front door
Hi my houzz family :) my husband and I are replacing...
Are your dogs allowed on the couch/bed?
Do you let your dogs sit with you on the couch or sleep...