Library: needs new flooring and wall colour
sharonbartsch
February 10, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Room is 8 x 8 metres. 6 full length recycled church windows. Double width entry doors and a set of recycled half glass patio doors. House is a classic Adelaide stone fronted victorian with 14 foot ceilings. Thinking marble or porcelain on the floor and a deep grey or au regime on walls....what do you think??
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Barnhart Gallery
Sharon this sounds stunning; have you any photos? Is this expected to be a quiet space? You may need area rugs to deaden the sound of marble or porcelain. I'm guessing that there is a good deal of color in the windows, and that your neutrals will include flooring and woodwork. Add the colors of all of your book spines, and you'll want a color that brings all of those together. Make sure that the color you choose comes from what you already have to bring it all together.
February 11, 2013 at 2:00pm   
sharonbartsch
Yeah... I will try and get some photos ...not looking its best with blue grey broadloom, which we inherited
So you see the light that is there . Thinking pale marble like porcelain in a large square format and a dark elephant grey. We do have some more rugs that we haved collected over life, and we rotate them depending on how we feel/weather etc. what do you think about the white marble grey combo??
February 11, 2013 at 2:13pm   
sharonbartsch
Sorry for the repeat pic....here is the one I meant. And actually the windows have been re glazed with just a small amount of colour.....but I like your thinking bamhartgallery.thanx.
February 11, 2013 at 2:17pm   
PRO
Barnhart Gallery
Love it, especially with your rug's grey tones. Embrace this room's drama and elegance -- it's quite wonderful!
February 11, 2013 at 2:37pm   
PRO
ASVInteriors
If it's a library why not go for full drama and high sat colours - you have enough light to take it:
How about deep indigo; aubergine or even this year's colour of the year Emerald Green?
February 12, 2013 at 4:42am   
sharonbartsch
Love the deep dark colours. Think I need to get the blue/grey carpet out before I can truly decide. Love your idea!!
February 12, 2013 at 1:09pm