Library: needs new flooring and wall colour
sharonbartsch
Room is 8 x 8 metres. 6 full length recycled church windows. Double width entry doors and a set of recycled half glass patio doors. House is a classic Adelaide stone fronted victorian with 14 foot ceilings. Thinking marble or porcelain on the floor and a deep grey or au regime on walls....what do you think??
Barnhart Gallery
Sharon this sounds stunning; have you any photos? Is this expected to be a quiet space? You may need area rugs to deaden the sound of marble or porcelain. I'm guessing that there is a good deal of color in the windows, and that your neutrals will include flooring and woodwork. Add the colors of all of your book spines, and you'll want a color that brings all of those together. Make sure that the color you choose comes from what you already have to bring it all together.
February 11, 2013 at 2:00pm   
sharonbartsch
Yeah... I will try and get some photos ...not looking its best with blue grey broadloom, which we inherited
So you see the light that is there . Thinking pale marble like porcelain in a large square format and a dark elephant grey. We do have some more rugs that we haved collected over life, and we rotate them depending on how we feel/weather etc. what do you think about the white marble grey combo??
February 11, 2013 at 2:13pm   
sharonbartsch
Sorry for the repeat pic....here is the one I meant. And actually the windows have been re glazed with just a small amount of colour.....but I like your thinking bamhartgallery.thanx.
February 11, 2013 at 2:17pm   
Barnhart Gallery
Love it, especially with your rug's grey tones. Embrace this room's drama and elegance -- it's quite wonderful!
February 11, 2013 at 2:37pm   
If it's a library why not go for full drama and high sat colours - you have enough light to take it:
How about deep indigo; aubergine or even this year's colour of the year Emerald Green?
February 12, 2013 at 4:42am   
sharonbartsch
Love the deep dark colours. Think I need to get the blue/grey carpet out before I can truly decide. Love your idea!!
February 12, 2013 at 1:09pm   
Need Help with Paint Colour for Library!
It might soon be time to re-paint our library! I'd...
I need advice on a new wall colour please!
What colour(s) would go well with blinds, wood and...
Need new paint colour to go with deep red accent wall
I made my husband paint a wall red last year and now...
Need a new wall colour
We are soon to move into a new house. While I love...
need help to pick new colours for walls in kitchen and other rooms
What to change manilla yellow to something a little...
Bedroom advice in cape cod style home
Need help with master bedroom here. I want to get...
Desperate need of some curb appeal!
This lovely 70s split level is in dire need of an exterior...
What to do with this master bedroom? Paint, fireplace, etc.
Just purchased this house and the color in the master...
Crawl Space Door
Hi All. I painted this chalkboard wall in my daughter's...
Bathroom disaster
To me, this is a discombobulated mess. (Glass shower...