Ceiling fan decision
doriscolemanjones
Want to hang ceiling fan in my family room that is open to my kitchen and breakfast nook. My floor is a brown oak and my ceilings are off white. My kitchen cabinets are white. Want to buy a contemporary fan with walnut blades but am concerned about the dark fan being an eyesore against the off white ceiling and wondering if the walnut blades will go with the brown oak floor. My color scheme is neutral with pops of darker neutrals. Design is contemporary.
PH Interiors, LLC
My vote would be white blades. The fan is not a decorative detail by any means, so Iopt to have it blend with the ceiling in most cases. Exceptions would be tropical settings with high ceiligns, in which case it does add to the decor with darker blades.
    Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 6:58AM
If your design is contempary and your fixtures are in chrome or nickel why not consider using a "metal" blade?
    Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 7:10AM
doriscolemanjones
My ceilings are 9' tall. I live in the hot south so a ceiling fan is a necessity. Since the ceilings are off white, I think a white fan might stand out too much. My fixtures are not chrome or nickel. I like the contemporary 3-blade hugger fans. I am currently considering a bronze base with walnut blades. My other decision I need to make is: putting a vintage gun metal pendant over my breakfast nook that faces the family room and the contemporary fan. I like the mix of cottage and contemporary. Do you guys think this will work? I will post pictures of the fan and pendant asap.
    Bookmark   March 4, 2013 at 7:38PM
doriscolemanjones
I have white cabinets and am getting granite countertops I like the giallo ornamental color because I love cream, taupe and grey but I'm not sure if it will look good with the white cabinets. If I could hire a designer, I would; but my budget will not allow that, so I am on my own. I appreciate everyone's suggestions.
    Bookmark   March 4, 2013 at 7:47PM
PYRAMID DESIGN GROUP
I would go with an all white ceiling fan mounted close to ceiling WITHOUT lights attached to fan.
    Bookmark   March 4, 2013 at 8:01PM
Ceiling fan decision.
We are building a new farm style home. We have 4 interior...
abigailbroughton
Size of ceiling fan, what is the name of that ceiling fan
do you remember where you found this ceiling fan. it...
chihuahua1
Are ceiling fans necessary ?!
I don't really like ceiling fans. In living areas formal...
monduart
Can a white ceiling fan work in this room?
This is a family room but pretty open concept with...
bonnieanneryan
need help making decisions on metal surfaces and hardwear throughout
The kitchen features SS on appliances and knobs haven't...
300w6th
Please help!
I really need help with my entrance, sunken living...
sarahdallan
My painted cabinets clash with my cedar walls.
I painted my cabinets Stone White by Benjamin Moore...
Livie & Luca
We need something better to put on each side of the tv stand
We need something better to put on each side of the...
anthonyzema
What can I put here?
Hi all Could you please help me with this empty wall? Thank...
alaahq
Wall Decorating Dilemma?
I have a split-level home. The picture you see here...
thiessek