How can I use this wall better?
Kared
Considering mounting the tv but with mirrors there may be too much clutter.the mirrors are too high.how high should I mount the tv?i am a complete amateur. Can I put the mirrors behind the couch in the dining area to replace the gold framed rectangular mirrors?
Brenda Fisher
Yes change the mirrors, as is they will give a face impression if you mount the tv. Place the rectangle mirrors one above the other on one side of the mounted tv and balance the other side with a tall framed print black and white or graphic but not a lot of colour. In the dining area you need the circle mirrors to offset all the hard lines. Position mirrors on the diagonal to avoid the eye effect and place a shelf full width below them. Shelf should be same tone as frames. Also the runner behind the couch does not function as a hallway it just separates the two spaces. Ditch it and add a long sofa table back there. It will give that hall feel and break up the solid feel of the couch from the dining room.
February 10, 2013 at 11:10PM     
auroracanby
Might be helpful for us to see what happening on that fourth wall to the left of the TV/mirrors wall.(red?with a passageway and the part of a window?). I think those two round mirrors are great actually -- to me they suggest portholes, which gives a whole other dimension to that wall, but Brenda's right about the "face" if the TV's there -- especially if its mounted. I'm wondering about lowering the mirrors a bit and putting the couch on that wall, swapping it for the TV/table. So that diners wouldn't be looking at the TV's backside, you could stand a folding decorative screen behind the TV. The screen wouldn't have to be tall or solid -- could be woven or carved, but the view from the sofa would also be much more open and interesting looking toward all that rather than at a wall, and a folding screen closer to the dining table to add more intimacy there. The two rectangular mirrors are perfect where they are.
February 11, 2013 at 12:44AM   
Kared
Thank you both.great suggestions.please see attached the 4th wall.
February 11, 2013 at 8:55AM   
Please help our Patio!
We are renters but have a nice big patio. Currently...
Where to buy good inexpensive furniture?
Hi everyone! I'm going to move to a bigger house and...
Lighting, paint, media center in my living room
Hello, I have uploaded a discussion about my living...
Need help with an exterior paint color
I just bought a fixer-upper and the exterior paint...
Need help to pick exterior color and how to add dimensions to house
Our ranch style home has little curb appeal... :( We...