Paint colours
melaniegilchrist
Ok, I have chosen three colours, one is dark grey for the main wall the other is a soft beige. I was going to use the silver on the ceiling but now I think it's totally wrong!!
The dark grey also looks black!!
Any suggestions guys!!
dianahb
Well, I kind of like the combination. Do know that the silvery color will bring out the blue in the grey.
And that's fine if you want a cool grey, not warm. I rather like the dark grey, but it depends, I guess on how much light you get and how that light changes your room throughout the day.

I wanted a dark grey on my living room walls, and I spent a long time finding the right one. Who knew there were so many shades of grey? Wait. Maybe that should be a book title. ;) I ended up with Benjamin Moore's Ashley Grey, which is a very warm taupe kind of grey. I worried about it being too dark, but it wasn't at all. I get a lot of light-- lots of windows- so I feel I could have gone darker. The room next to it (open to it) is painted in a BM roasted sesame seed. I really love that, and they tend to go really well together. The Ashley Grey looks like a dry creek bed, and the roasted sesame seed is very organic looking, too--

Anyway . . . I rather like the colors you've chosen, but that grey does look deep blue to me (on my screen) Again, make sure that's the color of grey you want. Paint the swatches on the actual walls where you'll be using them, and then live with them for a week or so. Watch the light. But, to my eye, they all go well together.
February 11, 2013 at 11:08am   
Do you sleep with blackout curtains?
Are you enjoying the bright nights? Although the shortest...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Building a custom home.... Any "must" haves/cool ideas...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Siding for my 60's contemporary house
We are planing on putting vinyl siding on our 60's...