Room help
bw773
February 11, 2013
This room is in the lower corner of my house I kinda wanted this room as a tv room living room area .. The room is big 20x 14 .. The ceiling is drop in style ... The room what this way when I bought it a little more to the left in the picture is a door leading out to front entrance ..thankyou in advance aswell as any advice on other pictures
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bw773
Need advice on flooring .. It's concrete .. But not sealed no water issues or problems .
    Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 10:00AM
PRO
Cancork Floor Inc.
You really have every option open to you. What is your budget? Do you live in a cold climate? Do you have other issues you wish to fix...like noise or echos. For carpet and hardwood, you should seal the slab...I know. You stated that there are no moisture issues...but with an unsealed slab, it only takes ONE bad year and you have ruined flooring.

A floating floor of some type would be your easiest "fix". You would need a vapour barrier (6mil poly sheeting is a must), a decent underlay and your choice of floating flooring (laminate, vinyl, engineered hardwood, cork, etc).

First things first: put in the proper flooring (tile, stone, brick or concrete as is) around the fire burning stove in the corner. Once that is done, now you can decide what to use.

Because you have rather rustic walls, I would go MUCH DARKER or MUCH LIGHTER in the space. If you use a colour that is too close to the wall colour, you are going to end up with a rather boring space that is difficult to decorate. You would feel like you are wrapped in a beige/gold blanket. It can be done, but decorating must be BOLD AND BIG! Maybe not your style.
1 Like    Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 10:44AM
bw773
Absolutely I agree about the proper fire protection in the area of the pellet stove .. I was worried going wood .. Would just be to much in the area .. The house is in Connecticut . The only natural light is from those windows... I almost thought of tearing down the wood.. And sheet rocking ... Lot of work ... Any suggestions on colors .. What about behind the pellet stove? And any way to make the pipe not so ugly
    Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 10:50AM