Room help
bw773
This room is in the lower corner of my house I kinda wanted this room as a tv room living room area .. The room is big 20x 14 .. The ceiling is drop in style ... The room what this way when I bought it a little more to the left in the picture is a door leading out to front entrance ..thankyou in advance aswell as any advice on other pictures
bw773
Need advice on flooring .. It's concrete .. But not sealed no water issues or problems .
    Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 10:00AM
Cancork Floor Inc.
You really have every option open to you. What is your budget? Do you live in a cold climate? Do you have other issues you wish to fix...like noise or echos. For carpet and hardwood, you should seal the slab...I know. You stated that there are no moisture issues...but with an unsealed slab, it only takes ONE bad year and you have ruined flooring.

A floating floor of some type would be your easiest "fix". You would need a vapour barrier (6mil poly sheeting is a must), a decent underlay and your choice of floating flooring (laminate, vinyl, engineered hardwood, cork, etc).

First things first: put in the proper flooring (tile, stone, brick or concrete as is) around the fire burning stove in the corner. Once that is done, now you can decide what to use.

Because you have rather rustic walls, I would go MUCH DARKER or MUCH LIGHTER in the space. If you use a colour that is too close to the wall colour, you are going to end up with a rather boring space that is difficult to decorate. You would feel like you are wrapped in a beige/gold blanket. It can be done, but decorating must be BOLD AND BIG! Maybe not your style.
1 Like    Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 10:44AM
bw773
Absolutely I agree about the proper fire protection in the area of the pellet stove .. I was worried going wood .. Would just be to much in the area .. The house is in Connecticut . The only natural light is from those windows... I almost thought of tearing down the wood.. And sheet rocking ... Lot of work ... Any suggestions on colors .. What about behind the pellet stove? And any way to make the pipe not so ugly
    Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 10:50AM
Living Room/Dining Room Help
I would like to spruce up the living room and dining...
Susan Logrippo
Living room dining room turned great room Help
Green parson chairs keep paint red walls some new color...
tonjamc
Floating room! Help me finish this room please!!!!
The sofa me decorator ordered was shorter than I hoped...
lin15
Need help for empty wall in great room...help!
I need help choosing how to fill this empty wall opposite...
yyzdca12
Need help w/ finishing touches in our dining room!!! Help!!
Looking for suggestions on a mirror over the buffet...
Kim Anne
Do you think a red front door would look good on our house?
Currently, the door is white - a lot of black and white...
Sally Edwards
help with colors. open livingroom
im going to paint the walls in this open l.r. but have...
Katarzyna Stanikowska
What is this granite called?
This stone (pictured) that's in our master bathroom...
margo90
need help for my master bathroom layout
Walls for closet are partition walls and flexible to...
Shaynis Connor
Behr to BM paint colors?
My friend is a designer and is helping me with paint...
Heather