Is this acceptable?! New construction
aclark900
You can see where the nail holes are on all of the mirror frames. Builder said its the best the painters can do. Supposedly, they filled it with putty, sanded it and stained it again. ?? What are your thoughts?
aclark900
Sorry! Forgot to attach pic!
    Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 2:44PM
Ironwood Builders
Is this consistent throughout the house? If so it is the best THOSE painters can do. Suggest the builder find a better painter to repair the fubar and any others in the home. Not a great punch list item...but should be a better color match. Part of the problem is the size and number of holes by the carpenter...looks like he was searching with his nail gun.
    Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 3:02PM
Aja Mazin
I thought you closed on the house and moved in - correct me if I am wrong, please.

This is not structural. but one of a cosmetic problem.

What recourse is available at this point?
    Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 3:31PM
Yarbro Home Improvement LLC
If you had to ask, then you knew it wasn't acceptable. Ironwood builders is spot on. So, these were prefinished and then installed. They should have been installed and then finished in place. Water under the bridge. You holding any of their $ ?
    Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 5:57PM
aclark900
So, if you close on a house you assume all faults of the builder/contractors? Once you close, no warranty on the house?
    Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 5:58PM
carolannr
Depends on your contract and the home builder.It depends on the quality of construction. Most of the builders I have worked for here in Colorado (even tract homes) have a final walkthrough where these kind of items are pointed out and generally repaired before closing - there is also a 1 yr period when these kinds of things can be taken care of. This is not quality work. Quality painters do know how to handle prefinished matertials. If your builder is not willing to fix this, can you go back to the mirror frame supplier and get their ideas for fixing this? Obviously the wrong filler was used and not finished correctly.
1 Like    Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 6:19PM
My reaction, looking at the photo, is the whole thing is a mess. The stain is muddy, you can see brush strokes, the edges are weepy. Totally unacceptable work and a totally unacceptable response. Clearly, you deserve better. Remind your builder that you chose him because you knew you could trust him to deliver a beautiful home and those frames are just spoiling it for you. (I mean you might just have to tell all your friends and neighbors how disappointed you are with the finished product.) If he is a stand up guy, he will get that fixed for you. What reputable builder would want to leave that and shame on him for closing the door behind him.
1 Like    Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 6:23PM
Interiors International, Inc.
This is totally unexceptionable. The build should stand behind his work. He is responsible for his subs. If he doesn't handle this for you take him to small claims court.
3 Likes    Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 6:30PM
Aja Mazin
aclark900,

always read and understand all papers, contracts you sign.
    Bookmark   February 11, 2013 at 8:56PM
Exterior Question Re: Permits & Construction
Hi, I live in New York - does anyone know if I need...
mcat29
Constructive criticism
So it's my first time staining. I don't want to polyurethane...
nachoz
Is Shower height tile on all bathroom walls acceptable
I 'm afraid of tiling all the way to ceiling in bathroom...
bojajnick
Negotiating new construction
We just got some initial figures on our new construction...
hrhpri
Acceptable or Not
Hello, I had quartzite counter tops installed and halfway...
noelle91
Looking for a light fixture for dining table
Redoing our kitchen at our lake house--looking for...
cannedass
Please suggest ways to improve this bedroom
This is my favorite room. I am not too sure if an all...
zulkifli49
Lobby redecorating-cost estimate
As a committee member for our condo lobby I am trying...
ali4gator
What would you do with these shelves and this space?! Go crazy!
This is a beautiful 130 year old house. Redone but...
Nicole Gibson
Bathroom task lighting
Installing Fresca 50" surface mount mirror. 2 basins...
reenieb2