House colors
susanph44
We purchased this home last summer. We put a new roof and would like to change the colors. It is cedar but painted.
Interiors International, Inc.
I love your house. That said the color should be something that will blend well the natural setting. The white is to harsh in that setting.
   February 11, 2013 at 6:24PM
susanph44
Thank you. I like darker colors but the design now is complicated..white here..red there..white and red...do I follow the color scheme meaning gray replaces red and another color replaces the white? Do we paint or side?
   February 11, 2013 at 6:29PM
I agree with changing the white siding color, perhaps something with a mix of gray and brown tones.
2 Likes   February 11, 2013 at 7:02PM
susanph44
I like that...would you recommend leaving the red?
   February 11, 2013 at 7:05PM
Interiors International, Inc.
If you can afford to reside than please do and then stain the wood. If paint is the only answer than I would treat the house as one color. It will make it look less choppy. That red white thing is taking away from the clean lines of the house. The trim and deck railings could be in a darker color but preferably in the same color family. Here are some examples of what you might want to do.
Tarrytown Residence
Ieteke Volpini
Mid-Century Modern Addition, Truro
OC Eichler
   February 11, 2013 at 7:13PM
Tracy Taylor
Wow! I love the house! I think if you want to emphasize the horizontal lines stick with the current placement of colors. How ever if you want to make the house feel taller in the back consider painting a similar shade slightly darker on bottom and lighter on top. Just a shade or two apart . On the "tall" side you could totally have fun and block out the vertical portion of the house in a fun accent color. This house really could easily carry a more vibrant colors. I would love to see a gorgeous gray paired with a coppery orange or a chartreuse green.
1 Like   February 11, 2013 at 7:29PM
Need some color -!! Design help because I'm a mess!
So we bought an old farm house and have modernized...
Blinds- should I return them or switch color?
New house, ordered custom made dark brown faux wood...
Help choosing a backsplash and paint for kitchen
We have just gone through a HUGE kitchen remodel and...
Dated Living room
Do I paint my dark wainscoting? FYI it's real wood....
color flow? HELP
my boyfriend and I are planning to move in together...