Need help with paint color for kitchen.
sandy12522
I painted the kitchen golden glow. I hate it! It clashed with my back splash. Was thinking some kind of green. I also have a dining room wall that continues into the living room. Im not sure i want that wall green. Help!!!!1 TY
4resas
Are the small tiles in your back splash blue or green? I would paint above the chair rail in the grey or tan sample you currently are showing between the counter and the door. I would paint below the rail the color that matches the mosaic tiles. The green sample you have looks too light.
February 11, 2013 at 8:35PM   
sandy12522
there kinda of like silver.
February 11, 2013 at 8:37PM   
How about BM Davenport Tan and Dash of Pepper below the chair rail..or something like it. You'll have to test patch these colors to get them just right for your cabinet/tile color...

February 11, 2013 at 8:47PM   
sandy12522
TY I will try that out!
February 11, 2013 at 8:52PM   
janeannrob
OK, you've got a lot of neutral colors going on in the flooring, ceiling, tiles, wood trim and the cabinet tones so I suggest a pop of bold color on the back wall (with the door to the outside?), and a less intense coordinating shade on the remaining walls. Your cabinets look like they perhaps have a 'pink' or 'fleshy' undertone, which will look super with colors in the blue family that can range from lavenders to periwinkle! The green sample on the wall is too yellow, so go more toward the 'bluer' greens for a complimentary appearance. For a modern feel, I (kindly) suggest removing the window valances altogether. This will help the room seem brighter, larger and more up to date.
February 11, 2013 at 8:53PM     
backbonemountain
Above the chair rail-same color as the living room. Below the chair rail-brown that is darker than the wood pieces in the dining room. Add any color palette you like with pieces like the one on the dining table and pottery above the upper cabinets. Dish towels...Easier to change pieces than get the walls painted again next time you want to change the color. I would have the valances match or instead of a valance in the dining room, a wooden shelf over the window.
February 11, 2013 at 8:59PM     
sandy12522
The cabinets are a light oak. The fluorescent light gave them a crazy look. my dining room and living room are open concept. I dont have any blue in the kitchen,dining room or living room. I like golds, burgundy's,browns and greens.Yes the valances will go! lol
February 11, 2013 at 9:00PM   
PaintColorHelp.com Dallas
Your cabinets and backsplash appear to lean 'pink.' Classic case of fighting the yellow-green spectrum of color. Try a green that leans more blue than yellow. Maybe SW 6205 Comfort Gray?
February 11, 2013 at 9:18PM   
Need help w/kitchen paint color & stain or paint color for cabinets
I am doing a budget friendly diy kitchen remodel (I,e...
HELP! Need help on idea of what color to paint my kitchen cabinets!
Need help with what color to paint cabinets and island....
Need help choosing a paint color for kitchen - please help!
I am looking repaint my kitchen and keep the cabinetry,...
Need help choosing paint colors for my kitchen! Please help me!
I love the flooring we recently put down throughout...
Something Missing
Looking for ideas! I feel as though something is missing...
Kitchen upgrades
What should I do with this to upgrade it? What colours,...
Need suggested material for a "photo wall"
We are remodeling our 1400 sq/ft condo and I wanteed...
What color should I be?
I found this free Armoire and I am considering painting...
help decorating my 1st apartment please!
For the 1st time I'm moving into my own apartment with...