Color for vaulted ceiling????
sprinkles
Need to paint my master suite and wandering if I should paint the ceiling the same as the trim, off white, or the same as the walls. Our recessed lighting trim is white. Thought about trying to paint them if I paint the ceilings a color. This is a large room 24 x 34.5. Thanks for your input:) Amazing how many details you have to think about when doing a complete remodel, STRESSED.... thank goodness for wine:)
For a larger bedroom, you could definitely experiment with different colors for the ceiling.

February 12, 2013 at 8:17am     
JWinteriors
I like the ceiling and walls to be two different colors...even if that means a white ceiling. Why? Because if they are all the same, your eye will not flow up. It will rest on color, and that means furniture and fabric. If you painted the ceiling dark mocha and the walls a lighter tan, your eyes will go up to the ceiling. Same thing, if you painted the ceiling creamy white and the walls dark mocha, your eyes will follow the height of the walls. If everything was the same, your eyes would try to find something to focus on...thus uneasiness. Crazy, but true. Dont forget to mount your window treatments higher than your window frames...95" panels vs the 84". Again to fool the eye to think you have greater height.
February 12, 2013 at 8:26am     
Miller's Paint & Wallpaper
Two different colors would be more dramatic. It would also give more height to your room. ( if that is what you want). Keeping walls and ceiling the same color can make the room seem larger but from the measurements that you posted doesn't seem like that is an issue. I see no photo of the room so everything I am saying is more rule of thumb. I would consider bringing in 2 colors. Can be tone on tone or 2 colors that work well together ( different tones, one darker & one lighter) . Pull from the fabrics or artwork you have in the room. I would leave the trim white of course but not have that be one of my color choices for the walls or ceilings.
February 12, 2013 at 8:42am     
sprinkles
Thanks for all the great advice!!!!!!!! Our room at this time is just 2x4s and other construction stuff. So I basically just have an plain slate. The room is very large and we hope to have interesting pieces to catch the eye as well. Between the master bath and bedroom is a double sided fireplace-so that will be fun and then at each end of the suite, are very large windows to allow for lots of light. Excited to get finished but reallllllly nervous on picking out wall color:( Would LOVE to hire a designer, but budget doesn't allow...that is why this sight and all of the wonderful advice I get is soooooooo awesome. Thank you again for your words of wisdom will def not paint ceiling same as walls:)
February 12, 2013 at 4:18pm   
janicedonato
We painted our vaulted ceiling the lightest color on the paint swatch strip, instead of white that we usually do, and our wall color was on the other end of the strip. The colors are in the same color family and compliment each other nicely. Our trim is white.
February 12, 2013 at 4:35pm   
sprinkles
Great idea-thank you for sharing-will keep this in mind when looking for paint color:)
February 12, 2013 at 4:45pm   
Lydia (Kazza Design)
I love painted ceilings! I would use the darker colour for the ceiling to give it depth and make it cozier given the size of the room. If you leave the ceiling white then treat is as an actual colour and use it throughout your decor.
February 12, 2013 at 4:49pm     
Not sure what color/s to paint my vaulted ceiling?
My bedroom is approx. 600sq.ft. Design plan :The walls...
Living room color with cherry floors and cabinets vaulted ceiling??
This is the house we are going to move into...so plz...
What color scheme goes well with a vaulted ceiling and adjoining walls
Hello Everyone. I just bought a condo with a vaulted...
Wall Color for Vaulted Ceilings
We have extremely tall walls and I am so tired of the...
I am planning to use this color in my vaulted ceiling bathroom.
I want to paint the ceiling the same color. What sheen...
Recommendations on cabinetry lines???
We have had three remodelers come in to check out our...
Door color update on a calamine lotion color home?
I will be honest. I hate the color of our house. It...
Cabinet & Wood Floor combinations
Ok....we just purchased home knowing that the kitchen...
Should we move the commode?
We are diy renovating our kids bath. Everything is...