Help! Color of hardware on Black window - Same inside & out? Brass or black ?
grantk1
Ordering windows for old lake house - Chosen Black windows & doors. Can't decide on hardware color?! There is no consistent color going now - mixture of everything. Thought the antique brass would look good on the black french sliders,etc. But then for inside through house - would the brass latches on all those black window be 'too much'? Should I use black latches inside on windows to tone them down?
How long do you plan to be in this house for? If it is short term anything that stands out may prove a sticking point for buyers (so go for the black) if not go for the brass which provide a nice richness and a touch of light to all the dark.
February 12, 2013 at 8:11am   
grantk1
THanks! That's a good point. We've had the house for about 30 yrs now & grown kids will no doubt have it longer -- So.... I also love the look of brass on black -- I was just afraid that new looking windows (especially with brass latches to call attention to them ) will make everything else in the very old house look even worse? Know what I mean?! : ) BUt I am set on the black windows - i've seen them on HOUZZ many times & I love that look for a lake house. Thanks again for your advice!
February 12, 2013 at 9:03am