Kitchen tile backsplash help
dfunk1220
I know people "poo poo" pickled oak cabinets but we like ours. We just installed new granite countertop and are having a hard time choosing backsplash tile. Some say go dark - others say light. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Dezign Studio Inc
Pickled oak cabinets have their own beauty, so I'm glad you listened to your heart.If you could pick a few samples you like, and show us against the wall, decision making will be easier. Also what floor do you have, pictures would help.
February 12, 2013 at 5:03pm   
You could try a sample of stacked stone slate to see how it looks with the counter/cabinets.

February 12, 2013 at 5:05pm   
On second thought. You already have a small (4"?) backsplash with the granite. How about repairing the wall texture and paint it your chosen wall color?
February 12, 2013 at 5:07pm     
Interiors International, Inc.
Good for you to lead and not follow. I would do a back splash that is a mix of travertine and glass. The stone will tie in the pinkish tone of the cabinets and the glass can bring in a pop of color.
February 12, 2013 at 5:08pm   
jgoodmon
I'd say a darker backsplash rather than lighter to contrast the lighter cabinets. You can install under cabinet lighting to help illuminate your work area.
February 12, 2013 at 5:09pm   
Jayme H.
May I ask how u pickled these cabinets?
February 12, 2013 at 5:18pm   
courtneyd17
I'm with Darzy,I would just paint the wall rather than tile it since you already have the granite backsplash. The granite is gorgeous and goes very well with the cabinets (and there is no need to apologize for your choices - it's your kitchen, you choose what YOU like). But if you do go with tile, I would go with something dark and very simple. You need to be very careful because your granite is a strong statement and you do not want the backsplash competing or clashing with it. Often times the small sample of the tile backsplash will look fine, but once it is installed on the entire wall, it overwhelms and looks nothing like you imagined it would.
February 12, 2013 at 5:24pm     
dfunk1220
They were custom made 22 years ago. Our carpenter had a hard time getting the color I wanted.
February 12, 2013 at 5:42pm     
Jayme H.
Thanks...looking at redoing ours..they are in great condition and I am considering painting or refinishing.
February 12, 2013 at 5:43pm   
pruner
You look to have olive tones in both your benchtop and accessories - how about trying that on a sample-paint board and seeing how it would look? Prepare the wall surface well before a full paintover.
February 12, 2013 at 5:47pm   
dfunk1220
I'm going to re-visit this page tomorrow and get some pictures in the daylight. The undercabinet lighting is messing with the photos of my tile samples. In the mean time I truly appreciate everyones imput and will take it all under advisement. Love this site!
February 12, 2013 at 5:52pm   
Chameleon Power
You could try this design tool to see how similarly colored granite will look with a virtual backsplash.
February 12, 2013 at 5:59pm     
need help for kitchen tiles floor and for backsplash tiles.
Does these tiles color match together as brown floor...
Need help old kitchen tile backsplash. Can u paint glazed tile??
Purchasing older home. Kitchen needs renovation. Trying...
I need help picking out kitchen backsplash tile
Renovating condo on the beach. Small kitchen just got...
need help for my tile kitchen backsplash
Have brown cherry cabinets and black pearl granite...
Grey paint color question!
I was wondering what Grey color paint or paints are...
I need help in deciding what flooring to do in my basement please?
I had a flood in my basement due to frozen pipes and...
Need help picking out wood floors and cabinets
I am building a new house and am going for a rustic...
Feedback on Wall Shelving Idea
Photo is from my kitchen looking into Great Room. ...