White walls
casaproject1
February 12, 2013 in Other
What are the alternatives to "white paint" for walls if one wants to get a richer texture?
Ironwood Builders
I'm a little confused....texture is something you feel and see. Color is something you see only. Not sure I can equate white with a rich texture...but I'll try. Ralph Lauren has some paints out (or did) that included things like suede and leather. The surface, or sheen, of the paint simulated these textures. The palette of colors is more towards the brown/taupe...the company was going for a leather look after all. Hope this helps!
February 12, 2013 at 6:59PM   
casaproject1
I agree... what I meant was what are the alternatives to "paint'" in order to get a white wall with a rich texture. I find paint a tad "cold".
February 12, 2013 at 7:11PM   
Ironwood Builders
Oh...So first, Venetian Plaster, hand applied tone on tone plaster that gives a feeling of texture and with the right colors, lots of depth. Wall paper with a white on white or tone on tone texture, like a damask. Then thee is a product called Lincrusta. A patterned panel with a three dimensional raised areas. All these give texture to the finish. This may be more help!
February 12, 2013 at 8:22PM   
There are many paintable wallpapers that are rich in texture, and you can paint them any color you'd like! Here's an ideabook to get you started if you're interested:
February 13, 2013 at 3:55AM   
casaproject1
Thanks both for your tips!
February 13, 2013 at 5:53AM     
What kitchen style goes with octagon & red dot floor tiles?
We're buying this contemporary house built in the 80s...
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Granite top
We are building our new home Our kitchen cabinets are...
B'day Bash in 20 days! 1984 Florida home in need of quick spruce up!
Have lived here for almost 20 years & have yet to take...
Playroom paint
We are turning a media room into a kid playroom. I...