How to achieve a built in look for the refrigerator?
cherietrotter
February 13, 2013 in Photo Questions
Dear Houzz Professional,

I admire our designes and look forward to seeing your projects.

I would love to ask you how to achieve a built in look for my refrigerator. It is a small bay front suite.space. The living area is 16 x18. The kitchen runs the length of the 18' wall. It has a counter top and a desk on either side of the refrigerator. I would like a build in look for the refrigerator with panels on both sides of refrigerator and a cabinet above and the refrigerator. The depth of the refrigerator is 26-1/4 " My question is: Would the countertop die into the panel leaving 2" of panel exposed at base cabinets, or would you pull the base cabinets out 2" from the wall and have a the counter top return and die into the panel? Also, if the panel sticks out 2" at the floor. Would it have a kick? as it may have wear and tear. Any solutions or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Cherie
Nick Noyes Architecture
I would think it would be best to pull the counter out to 1/2" from the face of the frame and have a 1/2' overhang on the countertop so the edge of the counter aligns with the face of the frame.

It depends on the ref if you will need a kick or not - would look best without.

Best, Nick
February 13, 2013 at 9:36AM   
Ideas For Cover Up 2 rooms which are not co linear
Have 2 rooms which are not aligned in a straight line...
Bachelor's First Condo HELP!!
Mid 20s young professional who just recently purchased...
help with contemporary update to this traditional exterior
traditional exterior home renovation with contemporary...
Paint
Building a new home. I'm leaning towards a medium gray...
kitchen cabinet crown molding
My ceilings are 9 feet, upper cabinets are 42"...are...