Entryway rug
Chanel
February 13, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have a small entry way and am looking for ideas on what color and pattern rug would blend with the rest of the living room. Any help is appreciated!!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Liza Jane Interiors
I would find a rug that has a pattern (hides dirt) with red and black in it. I would turn your existing rug to face the fireplace lengthwise. I would move couches closer together to give the illussion of sectional.
February 13, 2013 at 11:11am   
rosemaryconnor
Not sure you need a rug at your entry. Firstly swap your 2 sofas around and turn rug in front of fireplace so that the long section of rug runs along edge of fireplace. Now get some line green cushions for your sofa.
All you need now is a doormat
February 13, 2013 at 11:40am   
PRO
Barbara Griffith Designs
I would add a much larger rug to the living room, and one with pattern..like the busier one above, then maybe you could use your current rug in the foyer. Add a tall green plant somewhere. And maybe a narrow cabinet on the blank wall space to the right of the glass door.
February 13, 2013 at 11:46am   
decoenthusiaste
Where is the entry in relation to the living room?
February 13, 2013 at 11:56am   
PRO
Aegean Designing Whims
I like LisaJane's idea about turning your rug and moving your sofas closer together. I also like the idea of adding a rug that has the same colors as your existing rug so it looks like you meant them to go together. Chrysteen
February 13, 2013 at 11:59am   
PRO
Aegean Designing Whims
Both would definitely work. Be prepared if you go with a flat weave rug as they have a tendency to curl at the edges. You'll need some "double stick pad tape" to tape those corners down. They also slip on the floor and they often look sloppy after awhile. And, they're difficult to clean. Boy am I a party crasher but we've sold rugs for years, and I usually end up talking clients out of it.
On the other hand, Stanton Carpet has several patterns that might work for you and they can be cut into room size rugs. They're a heavier pile, and don't have all the above problems. Check them out at stantoncarpet.com
Chrysteen
February 13, 2013 at 12:28pm   
PRO
Barbara Griffith Designs
While you are leaning toward neutral..you don't want boring..seriously bigger in the living room, no matter what you do, and then, would the current living room rug work in your entry way?
February 13, 2013 at 3:19pm   
decoenthusiaste
I would turn the one in the living room and put the sofas front feet on it, moving the one sofa away from the support column. This one wouldn't fit under a breakfast table would it? Then you could start again with living and entry concepts that coordinate.
February 13, 2013 at 4:20pm   
PRO
CMR Interiors & Design Consultations Inc.
Just do a sisal rug that matches your floor. An entry door is not a focal point unless the entry is grand in my opinion. It just needs to protect the floor off of a door like that.
February 13, 2013 at 7:03pm