Need help for my living room layout, paint color please!
angieckim
February 13, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Moved into bfs place and will get new modern furniture but I need help deciding what to do about the color for the accent wall for the fireplace, what to do about the layout so I can comfortably watch tv (TV and fireplace are on different walls - tv is an expensive built in). please help!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
angieckim
btw, the wall (accent wall) goes up 2 stories
February 13, 2013 at 2:10PM   
PRO
Lydia (Kazza Design)
If you're keeping that rug, you can paint the accent wall (fireplace wall?) the same red. For furniture placement, not sure if there's enough space but try putting the couch facing the tv with a console table behind it (with that silver lamp on it) and the two chairs near the fireplace for a reading area. I don't think you need two sidetables given the space.
February 13, 2013 at 2:20PM   
groveraxle
Looks like the place already has new modern furniture and the beige wing chair looks perfect for watching TV. The only thing I would do here is hang a large modern canvas over the fireplace, then add some toss pillows that echo the colors in the painting.

The fireplace wall already looks like it is darker. If that's just an illusion, then I would probably try to match the darkest gold/tan in the rug if I were determined to paint it. The room looks really beautiful as it is.
February 13, 2013 at 2:25PM   
carole
hard to imagen with all the dark furniture,but any soft color would work
February 13, 2013 at 2:32PM   
PRO
The Creative Man
Hi, I'd flip the arrangement of furniture. There are too many chairs on the one side because of the dining room. Put the couch where the chairs are separating the dining area from the living space. Paint the fireplace wall a deep beige / taupe color. An interesting mirror would look great above mantel.
February 13, 2013 at 2:43PM