HINGES!!!!!!
castle00
I need to put a concealed hinge on a picture frame. I am attempting to hide wall cubbies I have made for my movies. I would like for the hinge to NOT be noticeable. Any suggestions?
Norm Walters Construction Inc.
You may be able to find a hinge that would work at a hardware store, problem is most of them would have to be mounted on the flat part of the frame which is away from the edge and won't allow the door to open. You could get some picture frames made from 3/4" MDF with a nice edge profle on them and then you could use a cup hinge.
February 13, 2013 at 9:37pm   
Ironwood Builders
Norm is right. Most picture frames spring away from the wall at the perimeter. That means the hinge has to have a really long throw to get the frame clear of the wall. I haven't found any hinge that will do that (I've been working on concealed door ideas for years). So a frame that is flat to the wall with a standard Euro cup hinge is best. Adjustable and easy to use, self closing or soft close.
February 13, 2013 at 9:53pm     
Need help with my kitchen
We just bought a 1925 Craftsman style bungalow. The...
Pros and cons of metal shelving in kitchen
It's a small kitchen renovation. I was thinking of...
Kitchen and living space window treatments
I font know what the heck to do with these windows....
White painted kitchen needs a redo, help!
I need to know what the best paint type and finish...