Love the wooden finish
bbeans
February 13, 2013 in Photo Questions
I love the flooring, it is a nice contrast to the diagonal jarrah; is is battened or direct stick or something else?
Victoria's Interiors
It is plank on ply. Timber is Marri - native to Western Australia. This particular batch was feature grain. We laid this over an existing tile floor.
February 13, 2013 at 9:46pm   
bbeans
Very nice. Would that suggest it was pre finished? I can just barely see the lines between planks.
Am I correct in seeing a step down into the kitchen (i.e. the height of the additional floor wasn't an issue).

Thanks for getting back to me!
February 13, 2013 at 10:04pm   
Victoria's Interiors
Yes there is a step down from the Jarrah area into the kitchen. The height wasn't an issue as we took that into account when working out the cabinets, etc. No it was not pre-finished timber - all natural and sanded/sealed/polished on-site.
February 13, 2013 at 10:06pm   
bbeans
Thanks for the update. Very interested in putting jarrah (or perhaps Marri or Blackbutt) into my home on the existing concrete slab, great to know how plank on play looks.
February 13, 2013 at 10:10pm   
Victoria's Interiors
Are you in Perth, WA? Would be happy to assist you or just give you the details of my flooring guy. He is the BEST!
February 13, 2013 at 10:13pm   
bbeans
That would be really handy, thank you for the offer! We are in need of an installer for flooring.
February 20, 2013 at 1:00am   
Victoria's Interiors
No problem. Please email me directly at info@victoriasinteriors.com.au and I will give you the details and discuss further.
February 21, 2013 at 1:00am   
Back splash and colors
We recently put in a back splash, and we aren't sure...
2 different sized vanities. How to do mirror and lights?
I have a 36" vanity on one wall and a 52" on the other...
Any help for my room? Thanks!!!
Hi, I'm hannah, I am going to be a junior this year...
Help with artwork above bed
I need some advice for art above my bed. Headboard...
Curtains
When are short curtains ok? I was thinking of small...