How to "style" a bedroom

nlmackayFebruary 14, 2013
Hi - I just bought the Thomasville Studio 455 bedroom set (2 nightstands, drawer chest and drawer dresser) http://www.thomasville.com/Furniture/Bedroom-Furniture/cr300252-Studio-455.aspx

I bought beautiful crystal column lamps for the nightstands. http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod1418006&categoryId=cat1597020

We have a plasma tv mounted on top of the drawer dresser and no mirror. Looking for suggestions as to what to decorate the drawer dresser with.

Also, I am looking for an upholstered bed. I had originally purchased the bed in the below pics. It's from the Jonathan Louis line at Jordan's Furniture (I live in MA). I just had to return it because the length was ridiculously long and there was a huge gap. Any suggestions for a bed? I have 2 young boys and a dog, so it has to be something that can sort of withstand staining. Also, I'd like the bed to be under $2K. Please disregard my window treatments in the pics. They came with the house. If you have any curtain suggestions, would love those, too!
Terri Bennett - Periwinkle Interiors, LLC
Ultra suede or micro fiber is THE BEST fabric for kids and dogs - it cleans up with a damp cloth. I am a designer with lots of options and my upholstered bed is from Pottery Barn.
1 Like    Bookmark   February 14, 2013 at 1:31PM
14thstreet
Since you have a TV above the dresser, I would keep the items on your dresser very simple. I would place a a pretty tray or perhaps a stack (laid flat of course) of 3 or 4 books on one side of the dresser, and on the other side an antique silver pitcher or vase with fresh flowers. I would leave the middle bare.

Your lamps would be even lovlier if you could see them better. How about gold or silver framed mirrors on each side of the bed, behind the lamps?
Jenkins Baer Associates · More Info
]
    Bookmark   February 14, 2013 at 1:47PM
All About Interiors LLC
Hi
You can also do a leather tufted headboard, similar to the one you purchased. You can have them easily made either by contacting a designer or window treatment/upholstry workroom. I love the idea of mirrors behind those lamps, they sound lovely. You can put a few short accessories on top of the dresser to add color and interest. I hope this helps.
    Bookmark   February 14, 2013 at 1:56PM
AMN
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams has a wonderful selection of upholstered beds.
http://www.mgbwhome.com/beds-mattresses-C38.aspx

If you happen to be close to Hickory, NC, you can get amazing deals at their outlet. http://www.hickoryfurniture.com/mitchellgoldbobwilliamsfactoryoutlet.inc
--Actually, even if you don't live close, they might work with you over the phone.
    Bookmark   February 14, 2013 at 1:59PM
nlmackay
I love the idea of mirrors, too. Unfortunately they wont work on my husband's side of the bed. We have an alarm key pad, a smart home key pad and the light switch, all of which we can't cover up with the mirror :( Then next to that is a window. Would it work if I moved the lamps to the dresser on either side of the tv, or is that weird? We have all recessed light in the room, so the lamps are really only for "looks", we don't really use them for lighting.
    Bookmark   February 14, 2013 at 2:01PM
Try West Elm. They have an amazing selection of upholstered beds, reasonably priced.
Wingback Nailhead Headboard · More Info

There is West Elm over in the Fenway, on Brookline Ave, and another in Burlington on the other side of Burlington Mall off 128.
    Bookmark   February 14, 2013 at 2:06PM
Thomasville Furniture
Thomasville has a full line of upholstered headboards in the Bedscapes Collection. You can customize in so many different ways! http://www.thomasville.com/Furniture/Bedroom-Furniture/cr300678-Bedscapes.aspx
    Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 9:06AM
how to lighten a bedroom
I have a cherry headboard and want to try to lighten...
pkoppe4
How make kitchen and bedroom cabinet,latest trend in mica and stryle
We have recently shifted to new home, we brought this...
Jiya Mehta
Moving Blues Saga: How Did My Bedroom End Up With All the Leftovers?
I moved across the country into a new house (big downsize--lost...
kimeedraypz
tv mounted over gas fireplace concerns
I see many flat screens that are mounted over fireplaces....
jpcdds
Need help with shape of tub and sink
I am remodeling my bathroom. It is traditional with...
ecarol54
What color to use for window and door trim
What color should I use when replacing my double windows...
mamix1
Kitchen layout help...
We are planning a kitchen renovation and I'm trying...
elleannie
Help with Kitchen Backsplash - Taj Mahal Quartz
Hi! We recently renovated our kitchen and installed...
amitandanj