Island with bar stools?
katmomma
I'm reposting this with pics I just found..we are renovating this kitchen and the dimensions are 13 1/2 wide by 19 ft long, so long and narrow. The wall with the windows from the wall with the fridge is 13 1/2 ft. Would we be Able to fit an island with bar stools with these dimensions to also have room for a walkway to the opening to the dining room?
Mary Poulos Interior and Exterior Design
Need a floorplan to know for sure how this would lay out. But you can probably put an island where the table is, but if this is your dining room table you would not do that. You could also remove the cabinets from the wall where the window is then set an island parallel to the outside wall, but you would have to have you plumbing move so that you could incorporate the sink and dishwasher in the island.
February 15, 2013 at 11:07am   
katmomma
That table is the eat in kitchen, there is a separate dining room and table if you look at the second pic I posted with the fridge...that opening is to the dining room.
February 15, 2013 at 11:37am   
Well, then I would stick with my answer as you can do it either way, depending if you wish to keep the table. A lot of people would probably put a larger item with the dishwasher and sink nearer the work triangle then have seating area (counter height chairs) for the function of a kitchen table.
February 15, 2013 at 11:47am   
How do you make a rented space feel like home?
If you're not allowed to make any drastic changes,...
Which top drawer front should I go with for inset cabinets?
I'm doing raised panel inset cabinets and have to decide...
Colourful photo frames - yay or nay?
Black, white or silver are your standard photo frame...
Decorate the Houzz UK Office walls!
Hi everyone. We are looking for some good ideas for...
Help me re-style the buffet please
This antique buffet also serves as a foyer piece and...