A small sample of some of the things I did for my own home!!
Liquidscapes
February 15, 2013 in Before & After
After adding a small rear addition, in which I was originally trying to stay pure to the architecture. I decided to add some splash of color, what do you think??

I'm always emphasizing the benefit of color, along with stepping out of the traditional box, so I decided to walk my talk and get out the paint brush!!
architectrunnerguy
Looks great but is this recycled from an earlier thread of yours? Looks familiar. Nice job however.
1 Like   February 16, 2013 at 6:17AM
Liquidscapes
Yes, I have posted the after images, but never presented the before and after side by side. I've been posting several before and afters because so many things are assumed until every sees where you started from. So they tell a great visual story!! Did you see the other before and after posts yet? Love to hear your opinions. Thank you!
   February 16, 2013 at 6:23AM
Liquidscapes
I forgot to post an earlier before shot, so I reposted this project.
   February 16, 2013 at 6:25AM
Grace Reed
Are you accepting house guests?! I LOVE this!
   February 18, 2013 at 2:01AM
Grace Reed
Do you bring in the furniture during the winter? If so, how do you fill the space?
   February 18, 2013 at 2:04AM
Liquidscapes
No, I went with all-weather wicker!! I just bring in the cushions.
   February 21, 2013 at 7:44PM
laurae1967
Gorgeous gardens and I love the paint color with the brick. Stunning! I'm confused by the photo of the grid work in the yard, though.
   February 23, 2013 at 1:54PM
Liquidscapes
That's the steel for our future pool in our back yard. I'll post a pic for you soon, so you can see the space finished!!
   February 23, 2013 at 2:02PM
SPACIALISTS
This is Beautiful! I would Love to relax out there.
   February 24, 2013 at 1:08AM
cinguzman
gorgeous!!!!!!!
   February 24, 2013 at 5:31AM
Liquidscapes
Thank you, if you want to see more pics of this home and property, let me know!!
   February 24, 2013 at 1:44PM
cinguzman
I, for one, would Love to see more pics of your home and property. I absolutely love what you did to the back part of your home/yard.
   February 25, 2013 at 2:25PM
Liquidscapes
Thank you, that is very kind of you to say!! Here are several more, I'll have to send it in through on a couple of frames. I have over 600+ images of my home, because we have it on the market and I plan on making an album for the kids. They all grew up in this home!!
   February 25, 2013 at 3:28PM
Liquidscapes
More coming!!
   February 25, 2013 at 3:35PM
Liquidscapes
One more!!
2 Likes   February 25, 2013 at 3:43PM
Liquidscapes
If you go to my page and look up Roberts, under my list of projects, you will see all these images!! Have fun!!
   February 25, 2013 at 3:45PM
Grace Reed
Just gorgeous!!!
1 Like   February 28, 2013 at 10:28AM
anne dee
WOW it's amazing how everything looks better in color.
2 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 10:48AM
gayledopp
You won't hardly even notice if I quietly move into the gazebo, pavilion, next to the pool! Haha. Simply gorgeous!
3 Likes   February 28, 2013 at 10:53AM
pekeika
Your pics have me thinking about converting my huge tiki hut (that is behind the pool just like your gazebo) into a gazebo... instead of changing the rotting tach... how easy would the conversion be?
   February 28, 2013 at 7:10PM
Liquidscapes
Can you post or send me a picture of the structure and space?? You can email it to me or send it in Houzz.
   February 28, 2013 at 7:49PM
greenmamagirl
oh my gosh, the colors and the finished project are gorgeous!! love the winter and summer pics! stunning! i will need your help....i have a 70's inground pool and cabana that need some updating. same shape as yours. you inspired me, your work is so creative!!!! tx for friending me!
   March 20, 2013 at 11:03PM
Liquidscapes
Thank you for your very kind comment! Give me a call or email and let me know how we/I can help. I actually have my home on the market, so I'm taking a lot of pics now before that opportunity ends. Tx H
   March 21, 2013 at 4:06AM
Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
Very nice work!
   March 22, 2013 at 11:27AM
Liquidscapes
Thank you!!
   March 23, 2013 at 1:50AM
nancykelley
Doesn't it break your family's hearts to move from this beautiful home? It's so gorgeous in every season and the design offers something for everyone all year round. Thanks for posting - would love to see the interior too, especially the kitchen
   March 23, 2013 at 3:52PM
Liquidscapes
Thanks Nancy!! Its just time for a change and new surroundings. I'm actually looking for a ranch that I can turn into a contemporary!! Here are a few pics around Christmas time!!
1 Like   March 23, 2013 at 7:03PM
adripatty63
Bellisimo!
   March 24, 2013 at 1:54PM
laslin
I have just gotten on Houzz for the first time in 5 days and this is absolutely stunning! The pictures are amazing! Thank you for sharing!
   March 24, 2013 at 6:43PM
Liquidscapes
Thank you so much, it means a lot!!
   March 24, 2013 at 7:08PM
bumblebee728
Just curious, why do u want to go from this to contemporary?
   March 24, 2013 at 7:29PM
janaleeking
Excellent work!
   March 24, 2013 at 7:31PM
Liquidscapes
Bumblebee,
Because I'm looking for a change in scenery, a new style to work with, an open floor plan with more glass and bring the outside spaces to the indoors. I could make a very long list if you want to truly know. Just ready for a change!!
2 Likes   March 24, 2013 at 7:40PM
bumblebee728
Thank you for replying to me. My question was sincere because I absolutely love what you've done with this home and I just don't 'get' the contemporary style. But with your talent, and genius use of color, I'm thinking it will most likely be spectacular. Maybe it'll even win me over. :). Hope I get to see it!
   March 24, 2013 at 9:11PM
Liquidscapes
Thanks!! For me professionally and personally I see potential and opportunity in everything. So moving to another location is a new journey for me to explore and adapt. I love the design process and the opportunity to create something new and different, I really feed off of that. Plus, I like so many styles of design, so this will open me up to something I always wanted to do.

Maybe contemporary isn't the right word, but I want to create an open floor plan, with clean lines, lots of natural light that allows the inside and out to act as one space ( so I can enjoy the beauty of my new gardens and the seasonal changes ( day and night).

I want to integrate old and new as well. I also like a modern Polynesian feel like you see in Hawaii, where one room or structure flow into another, but the integration to the outdoors is what I desire and strive for the most ( even if our north east climate isn't as ideal).

Howard
2 Likes   March 25, 2013 at 2:53AM
bumblebee728
It's your passion that propels you on to another journey.
You definitely hit a chord with me when you talk about lots of natural light and bringing the indoors and outdoors together. I'm in SE Pa., and at this snowy, damp, cold, March ( I've never liked March) moment, I'm sitting outside on the porch drinking my coffee...
Not that you need my opinion on home decor :), but I love soft and warm, romantic, cottage... I like
some dark but not dingy, and love uncluttered charm. I want my beautiful antiques to have their own breathing space.
My dislike for contemporary is the cool, hard, geometric, sterile... which is what my understanding of it is, I'm sure it's obvious I'm no expert..
Enjoy your journey, you're a blessed man to be so talented and to love your work so much!
Thank you for sharing your gift with us.
   March 25, 2013 at 9:38AM
Liquidscapes
I'll send you some examples of what I'm thinking for the next house and tell me what you think. I agree with you totally about intimate, warm and inviting spaces, no matter what the style.

Love to see your place too!! If you don't want to post them on Houzz, my email is on my main page. It's great sharing ideas.
   March 25, 2013 at 1:44PM
cinguzman
Hi! I just revisited your home and the inside is beautiful!! I understand what you mean about the contemporary look...our home has a lot of big windows and it sits up high so it feels like we're in a tree house in the summer....love it! You've got great talent! Contemporary doesn't have to be sterile....and by the way your home looks right now, your new one will be breathtaking as well....good luck and keep us all posted!!!
   March 25, 2013 at 2:00PM
Liquidscapes
Thank you!!
   March 25, 2013 at 2:54PM
bumblebee728
Liquidscapes, I would love sharing ideas with you, but I wouldn't dare post pictures of my humble abode on the same screen as yours. I'm just an amateur who loves beautiful houses, seeing great talent and learning from it. I'm working very hard right now at trying to make mine beautiful, but it's not quite ready for prime time yet! In the meantime, please do send your ideas, I'd love to see them. And thank you!
   March 25, 2013 at 7:11PM
Liquidscapes
I understand, but don't feel or be intimidated. I never went to school for this and I do not have a degree. I was an artist as a kid, but could never find where to apply my talents and passion. I started a lawn maintenance business right out of high school to pay my bills. Then I realized this was my canvas and I just went with it and taught myself about the industry. I was lucky to graduate high school because I was so disinterested!!
1 Like   March 25, 2013 at 7:16PM
bumblebee728
I knew you were an artist, natural talent is something I recognize very easily, there's something different about it than learned expertise, but of course beauty can be achieved through honest effort too. Your lack of interest in high school was your passion screaming "get me out of here!", "I have beauty to create"!
I'll be looking for those ideas on the new house!
   March 25, 2013 at 7:59PM
Liquidscapes
You got it!!
   March 25, 2013 at 8:26PM
buffyfaulkner
That is just the prettiest exterior paint ever! Thank you!
   April 7, 2013 at 10:36PM
OnePlan
beautiful !!!!!!!!!
   April 9, 2013 at 5:01PM
Liquidscapes
Thank you, thank you!!
   April 9, 2013 at 7:35PM
bumblebee728
Sorry Liquidscapes! I was trying to describe the colors of your house to someone with a twist added in. Then I posted it here in error. Anyway, shows you that your color choices are among my all time favorites!
   April 13, 2013 at 10:07PM
Liquidscapes
No problem!! It is all about exploring your options.
   April 14, 2013 at 4:54AM
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Garage Door Repair Vallejo
A qualified Best & Fast garage door company can advise...
I need help with my kitchen final touches!!
This is a question for Christi of Thos.Baker What...
Accent/color dilemma
My main living room colors are a fun apple green and...