Need help with desk and flooring ideas in new office
csb1143
This new office is in a basement. About 10x10 space. I want to put in a cork floor and we are trying to figure out a color for the floor and "desk". The thought is to put in a "u" shape laminate top as a desk to maximize limited space with a work space in each corner. Size of desk: 48"x122.5"x62.75". Open to ideas, thoughts, suggestion for this space.
Stanton Designs-online design services
What style do you like? What colors do you like and don't like?
    Bookmark   February 16, 2013 at 12:30PM
csb1143
Traditional with a twist. Love symmetry. I don't like orange. Open to other colors.
    Bookmark   February 16, 2013 at 2:05PM
Cancork Floor Inc.
Cork...did someone say, Cork? Symmetry and cork work incredibly well. There are two patterns that do this very well. The first is the traditional "Block Pattern". At Cancork/Icork Floor we call this pattern "Leather" and the natural colour is priced at $3.36/sf. The other "cork" pattern that everyone produces is a "ribbon" pattern or a bamboo look. Forna's is called "Silver Birch". Silver Birch is priced at $3.45/sf and is GORGEOUS. I'm a personal fan of this floor because it has a bit of an "asian" feel to it.

The "Leather" is a great favourite because it has a bit of a "country square" patch work quilt look to it. Both of these patterns come in colours other than the natural, but that adds price and "darkness" to a basement office that may be too dark for anything but light flooring.

The first photo (L-R) is Silver Birch planks and Silver Birch in a home. Then you have "Leather" and the bottom R. is "Taupe Leather" for $3.89/sf(same pattern, different colour).

These are patterns that any cork producer has in their line up. Because they are more expensive to produce (both patterns are hand laid) you need to be prepared to pay upwards of $6-10/sf at other retailers! Good luck. And remember...cork underlay in a basement will make it that much more...comfy!
    Bookmark   February 16, 2013 at 6:30PM
Need help for my office
In about a month I need to remodel my home office....
Rustyk Projekt
Need ideas for my new office conference room?
I want to add something, area rug and or furniture...
Meredith Cohen
Need ideas for a long desk along the office wall please!
We are redoing the office and I would like to install...
karynls
Need help for open/alcove office
I'm working on putting an office into our upstairs...
kimb1
Need Help with my Office
Besides getting rid of the obvious clutter, what suggestions...
Jenna Emrich
what to use for a mantel behind a wood stove?
The original plan for this area was rock under the...
Janet
Color of appliances
Do all appliances have to match?
pperry1847
New apt...please help with living room design
Just moved into new apt and buying furniture piece...
Cliff Means
Need help for my living room
I am in the process of choosing new furniture (couchs,...
cindyrabik
Is this 9x12 carpet too big......
Would 8x10 be better for this space - and does it need...
mskdj