trouble with lighting in casual den
chaundamannis
I am having trouble deciding what to do about the lighting in my new den its 21x21 and i have reluctantly decided to put a celing fan in the center trying to decide what else i need to do
Your lighting needs will depend on your activities in the area. You'll need task lighting for a work area,
or reading, and those may be table or floor lamps. But you may want a recessed light or two over a desk area in addition to a table lamp.

For artwork or a sports memorabilia collection , you'll want spotlights and those lights could also provide sufficient light to get you in and out of the room safely, depending on where they are locate and how many there are. For A-V equipment, you won't want a light on most of the time, but you will want one for those times when you need to adjust equipment after dark.

If you know your furniture layout, that will help you determine your lighting needs. Don't forget that in a room of that size you will need floor plugs for those table and floor lamps. That's another reason to determine your furniture arrangement early on.
0 Likes   February 16, 2013 at 6:45PM
chaundamannis
thanks for your time i really appreciate it!!
0 Likes   February 16, 2013 at 6:51PM
Vinyl windows, white or beige/tan?
I'm trying to decide between white or beige windows?...
1832 kitchen from move in to almost complete
Work in progress in 1832 Virginia home. Kitchen was...
Help I'm obsessed with BEIGE
I feel like my living room is too beige and boring....
Open concept and grandmas buffet
I love my Grandmother's buffet and had plenty of room...
Some color suggestions for front door please.
Hello. We just finished painting the trim on this...