New flooring
Teri DeLoache Tanner
I'm torn between light and dark engineered wood flooring for our home filled with oak cabinets. Help!
nukiegirl
Looks like you get a lot of sun in your home which I love. Speaking from experience tho I have Brazilian Cherry Wood floors and the darker you go the more dust you will see when the sun is shining in! My son has lighter wood floors like birch or pine and you cant see scratches or dust on his. Perfect if you have dogs! Why not a nice quartz tile in your kitchen and foyer instead of getting so much wood. Just a thought!
February 16, 2013 at 8:59pm     
polkadotted
I think you should go with the lighter wood, since with the darker door, the other would look too over whelming.
February 16, 2013 at 9:01pm     
Mary Poulos Interior and Exterior Design
My opinion of the wood flooring is that you should select one similiar to your cabinets, but in your case just a little lighter so they don't run all together. I do not advise, in most cases (unless they can afford it and don't care) my clients to go to extreem dark or light on expensive to change features of the home. We have been in a dark trend for a while, that means not to far around the corner will be a light trim and everyone will start wishing they had light floors. It goes back and forth for the obvious reason, it make people spend money. But, if you can't afford to do that get something in the middle that will last a long long time.
February 16, 2013 at 9:06pm   
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC.
I like the dark wood samples. Will look great with your medium toned cabinets. Create contrast and add pattern with rugs. Hope that helps. Charmean Neithart
February 16, 2013 at 9:10pm     
curacaoblue
I have real wood (not sure if that impacts this). It's the lightest color. I would not have chosen it because i would have thought it would look dirty too easily. I was wrong. It also looks good with the matching cabinet color. We do live down south so a lighter look makes sense to me. Used to live north which is why I probably tended to prefer darker wood. Hope this is of some help.
February 16, 2013 at 9:14pm   
Solar Panel
Hi, I need to know , how is the best step to install...
Can you use two different carpets in a house?
Hi all, I desperately need some advice, sorry no pics...
entryway
I have a dual staircase without enough room to put...
Shower curtain
How to hang a shower curtain over a tub?
Guest bed drama! Advice for twin XL pop up trundle
I'm looking for a twin XL bed frame that is high enough...